Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 Sorento gets the shakes at 45-50. Local mechanic thinks it's the gearbox, but I think its a shock absorber.

Does anyone know if Kia auto gearboxes can cause the shakes? It changes very sweetly and the engine note is unaffected by the shaking which leads me to think its a shocker at the back - are they easy to change?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Have you checked the wheels for balance? Another possibility is a tyre "out-of-round"; easily checked while wheels are being balanced. A wheel can be balanced but not round.

·
Registered
2009 Sportage, 98 Sportage, 2012 Tata Xenon, 1944 Jeep
515 Posts
Have you checked the wheels for balance? Another possibility is a tyre "out-of-round"; easily checked while wheels are being balanced. A wheel can be balanced but not round.
Mine was shaking badly at 100-110 Km/hr Obviously that was particularly annoying given that it is the speed limit in most of Australia, and we live in the bush so my car is driven at that speed constantly. It turned out to be a front tyre (A/T pattern) that had worn out of balance. After a balance - still noisy but no longer shaky. It looks like these cars are fairly sensitive to wheel balance issues.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento 3.5 5sp Auto
267 Posts
Follow the tyre advise for now.
But you also ask is it hard to change the rear shock. Its very easy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.