Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige/X-Line
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried holding a blank button and nothing happens.

How do I set my radio presets in this model.

Google brought me here. The videos I found were for older software versions.

Thank you!

Chris

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige - X-Line (a mouth full)
89 Posts
I tried holding a blank button and nothing happens.

How do I set my radio presets in this model.

Google brought me here. The videos I found were for older software versions.

Thank you!

Chris
Touch the heart icon for any station you want to save. Saved stations will show at the bottom and you can scroll through them to select from the screen or you can go up or down from the current station to saved stations by using the steering wheel toggle or the physical knob to the right of the screen

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much...

My first Kia, so I'm in learning mode.

Can the be reordered after the fact or do I need to heart them in order?

Also, can I get rid of the three presets that were there when I took delivery?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thank you so much...

My first Kia, so I'm in learning mode.

Can the be reordered after the fact or do I need to heart them in order?

Also, can I get rid of the three presets that were there when I took delivery?
Saved stations order themselves by station number. You remove stations by deselectong the heart.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have one more thing, since you seem to have this vehicle figured out... I come from Ford Sync, since 2007.

How do I do software updates in the Kia? Is that over wifi or will I need to make USB installers?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Their site is very slow right now. I created an account, added my VIN and the home page never really does anything. I did get the downloader software installed and it let me select my vehicle for a dropdown.

It says it is downloading for Standard-class Gen5W Navigation.

Is that the proper file for our model?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Their site is very slow right now. I created an account, added my VIN and the home page never really does anything. I did get the downloader software installed and it let me select my vehicle for a dropdown.

It says it is downloading for Standard-class Gen5W Navigation.

Is that the proper file for our model?
Sounds right. I dont think the car will let you update if you somehow download the wrong update.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How long did this update take for you? I have seen 40 minutes all the way to two hours. I plan on doing it tomorrow, before I customize any of my settings (all I've done is make a user).

Also, here is the list of current versions for all vehicles. May come in helpful sometime. I wish I could find a version history to see how far behind I am...

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
How long did this update take for you? I have seen 40 minutes all the way to two hours. I plan on doing it tomorrow, before I customize any of my settings (all I've done is make a user).

Also, here is the list of current versions for all vehicles. May come in helpful sometime. I wish I could find a version history to see how far behind I am...

I went inside at 40 minutes because it seemed to have a long way to go and then I came out ~1.5 hours later and it was done. You can be driving the car during the update. You can also turn the car on/off during the update. If you have the car off, it makes sense to make sure the lights are off so the battery lasts. Just don't unplug the USB drive until it's done.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went inside at 40 minutes because it seemed to have a long way to go and then I came out ~1.5 hours later and it was done. You can be driving the car during the update. You can also turn the car on/off during the update. If you have the car off, it makes sense to make sure the lights are off so the battery lasts. Just don't unplug the USB drive until it's done.
Will do. I plan to park it halfway in my carport when I get home from work, start it, then let it go once I start the process. Really, this is very similar to what I did with Ford Sync.

I am really digging this vehicle, though. I just went through a buy back with Ford on a 2020 Escape Titanium that was nothing but trouble. It's my first Kia and the tech is solid and it's a smooth, quiet ride compared to my Ford.

I am looking forward to customizing all my settings. Hopefully more people will get these and we can get this board a little more active. The Escape board had a solid community.

I am really impressed, so far, though.

Again, thanks for your help. I feel like I have my bearings a bit now. After Sync for 14 years, it was a change.

I had a feature in Sync, where if my phone was paired via Bluetooth, I could longpress the talk button and get Siri, play a playlist on Apple music, etc... It kept me from plugging in and going full on CarPlay. Is there something like that in this vehicle?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had a feature in Sync, where if my phone was paired via Bluetooth, I could longpress the talk button and get Siri, play a playlist on Apple music, etc... It kept me from plugging in and going full on CarPlay. Is there something like that in this vehicle?
One of the threads talked about the longpress functions. I haven't used longpress so I'm not sure exactly...
Good luck. Have fun

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SXL
50 Posts
The car should have come with a case holding several owners manuals that tell operation of all the features the car has. That's the way my SX was delivered.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts