Kia Forum banner

service manual 03 Kia Spectra, pdf?

20K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Loyale 2.7 Turbo 
#1 ·
hello guys
i am a new member looking for a download pdf of a 2003 kia spectra manual, i tried kiatechinfo.com but it requires a viewer application that dosnt work on my mac.

anyone have a pdf to download

thanks in advance

#2 · (Edited)
KGIS is supposed to be a source of manuals etc. but connecting is a problem. I just tried creating an account and it failed. KIA obviously doesn't get it. Lots of other stuff is available on the Internet withour special viewers etc., so why do you have to go through hoops just to view PDFs?

It's obvious to me that you should be able to go direct to the KIA site, enter your Model and Serial number and then all your info should be available. You should also be able to download a handbook for your particular car without all the "If Fitted" BS.

#3 ·
MOST car manufactors CHARGE for the service info.... "if" it's even available at all.
I believe KIA is great for offering thiers for free...
If you have to jump through a few hoops to get the info don't complain...
They could just remove the site and we ALL loose...
THANKS KIA for you help!
Dave

#4 ·
OK, but the hoops sure look bad for KIA. It's years since I needed to do something special to access a web site, and you would go a long way to see a more clunky sign-in procedure. It still didn't work after I tried the various hoops. (Pop-Ups, Tried US Zip etc.)

Plenty of companies provide free info on the web, so it's not such a big deal for KIA to do the same.

#5 ·
Pulsar86 was an Ozzy and also a moderator...He DID have access to kiatechinfo.com and owned a Cerato..
Sadly he's moderating clouds and harps now... (miss him).
Dave

#6 ·
Good to know that it is possible to access KGIS from the land of Oz. I'll bang away at it for a while if I ever need the info myself.

So far, I'm happy with KIA ownership; the Cerato has had its second service, and apart from oil/filter/tyres, has needed no maintenance or warranty work. There was a minor rattle from the hinges of the engine compartment; I added a pair of rubber buffers to a section of the hinges that looked like they really should have had buffers.

Generally happy with the tone of this site. Not too many mad people. Site is a bit slow to download; database maybe needs defragmention or more cache?

#9 ·
i have a 2003 Kia Spectra and as time goes on dont see Kia maintaining the web site.
there are a few manual sets mechanical & electrical on ebay ~$90.00

I posted about my fuel odor issue, replacing the fuel regulator/dampner was an easy fix. A manual was not really necessary. The replacement totally fixed the issue.

thanks to all at kia-forums!

#11 ·
Sammy Cloud...
Have you bothered to look at the AGE of this thread??? NO!
When this thread was "current" so was KGIS free...
KGIS WAS FREE and is now a pay to access...
Your very first post here was not researched very well was it?
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.