Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0858 Kia Pro_Cee'd 3 1.6 CRDi, Red
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there could anyone tell me what the service intervals are on my 2008 58 plate Kia Pro Cee'd '3' 1.6 CRDi 113bhp please? The book seems to suggest it's every 12,500 miles but when I trawl round the web its suggests the diesels are 20,000 miles and the petrols are 12,500, could anyone clear this up for me as my car is exactly at the 12,500 mark since it's last service

·
Registered
Cerato
692 Posts
My quick search suggests that the longer service intervals apply to the more recent models. That may be why you are getting conflicting advice.

12,500 miles seems a reasonable distance between services. How many months? If the car is still in warranty, check with your dealer, otherwise use your judgement on the severity of your driving conditions.

I once let a nearly new car go for 2 years between services, as I objected to the dealer telling me I needed a $500 service after only covering 2000km. OK, so I could afford to ignore the warranty, but the car went fine over those 2 years and I only gave it a single oil change during the further (unblemished) life of the car until I traded it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The pre 2009 facelift cars for 2010 MY Ceed CRDi models required a service every 12,500 miles or one year wheras the post update models only require a service every 20,000 miles or one year.

I find it strange that you call your car a "3" model, I honestly thought that the numeric designation arrived with the facelift for the 2010 model cars late in 2009, prior to that I thought they were called GS, LS etc.

·
Registered
Kia pro ceed 3 2013
271 Posts
The pre 2009 facelift cars for 2010 MY Ceed CRDi models required a service every 12,500 miles or one year wheras the post update models only require a service every 20,000 miles or one year.

I find it strange that you call your car a "3" model, I honestly thought that the numeric designation arrived with the facelift for the 2010 model cars late in 2009, prior to that I thought they were called GS, LS etc.
I have driven my Kia Pro ceed 3 since 2008 so I imagine you are mistaken. My car has the number three on display on the rear end, so its all down to Kia.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You learn something everyday. Just looked on Parkers and the Proceed was "numeric" for day one except for the "sport" model.

The 5 door and SW changed at the update.

·
Registered
0858 Kia Pro_Cee'd 3 1.6 CRDi, Red
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just had it confirmed by a dealer that it is 12,500 miles, so got it booked in (its the 4th service) £206 all in with courtesy car and bodywork inspection, which isn't too bad I suppose

1 - 7 of 7 Posts