Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sorento 2013 consumes oil like nobody’s business. No leaks, no smoke AND the oil light (the warning light) never come on. Recently my engine light has been intermittently turning on then off. I took it to KIA and apparently they’re not able to diagnose the problem when the engine light is off. I was told to come back when the engine light comes on, but at this point I’m afraid I might be messing up my engine. Any advice?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,527 Posts

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,527 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
1,214 Posts
All we know is you have a 7 model year old vehicle. We need details and back ground data. Maintenance history? Service already performed? Miles?

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,496 Posts
All we know is you have a 7 model year old vehicle. We need details and back ground data. Maintenance history? Service already performed? Miles?
Also how much oil in how many miles?
Any codes?
Type of oil and viscosity?

Just a few of the questions needing answers to.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento SX
14 Posts
My Sorento 2013 consumes oil like nobody’s business. No leaks, no smoke AND the oil light (the warning light) never come on. Recently my engine light has been intermittently turning on then off. I took it to KIA and apparently they’re not able to diagnose the problem when the engine light is off. I was told to come back when the engine light comes on, but at this point I’m afraid I might be messing up my engine. Any advice?
Not sure if it's the same issue, as the symptoms are a little different, but our '13 Sorento SX suddenly got an oil light when we parked facing uphill, and then there was a faint smell of burning oil under the hood. Turned out to be an oil pressure sensor mounted on the top of the engine underneath the plastic cover, and when it had gone faulty it started to leak. It might be worth checking there to see if yours is leaking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts