Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often should we get tune ups? I've been getting them once a year, but feel like I have been wasting my money.

·
Registered
138 Posts
What year? What do you change with the "tune-up". There is nothing in new cars to "tune". You just change spark plugs, maybe wires, if you have dist cap and rotor and air filter. What does your owner's manual say?

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey whats up..

been workin on kias for awhile now, i think the plug wires can go easily 60k miles, plugs easily 30k without any noticeable gas mileage diff, depends where u drive and how u drive the filters every 3-6 months or so, the air filter is a big one make sure its clean, you can easily pop it out every month or so and bang out the loose stuff. when you get your car 'tuned up' make sure they clean the injector throttle body, if its got just a lil bit of oil buildup can make a diff in acceleration and MPG.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by "dfelton26"
been workin on kias for awhile now, i think the plug wires can go easily 60k miles, plugs easily 30k without any noticeable gas mileage diff, depends where u drive and how u drive the filters every 3-6 months or so, the air filter is a big one make sure its clean, you can easily pop it out every month or so and bang out the loose stuff. when you get your car 'tuned up' make sure they clean the injector throttle body, if its got just a lil bit of oil buildup can make a diff in acceleration and MPG.
i agree with the above i also think that a new fuel filter every 10k-15k miles is also a good idea especially if you driving through different states. i change mine out every 10k and run a injector cleaner every once and a while. i drive to the Pacific North West at least twice a yr. you gotta think all those different gas stations you fill up at with junk in the pumps. its like eating at a different place every time you eat out never know how the food will be. another thing that is very important is the tranny fluid. if you have a auto tranny then take care of it well. tranny fluid should be changed every 30k miles but sense i drive my kia alot i change mine every 20k-25k miles. jsut my $.02

·
Registered
126 Posts
Concerning tune ups: Maintenance type work should be based on time AND mileage. And there are minor tuneups and major tuneups. Spark plugs should be changed at 30,000 miles. And use the Kia reccomended NGK's. My experience with using other than auto maker reccomended plugs has not been so good. You really need to consult and follow your owner's manual. And keep records. speedster1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts