Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Sephia
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mellow: I bought some rear speakers for my '01 Sephia but haven't been able to install them. Please help. How to remove the back panel to access the factory speakers in order to put in my new ones. Thank You!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I dont think you need to remove the back panel. You should be able to axcess them from the trunk. However, to get the back panel out of my 98 you need to drop the seatbacks and there are 2 or 3 black trim bolts like 8 mm i think, remove those. You will also need to remove the middle tail light cover. There are trim screw on either side. Just pop out the centers with a small screwdriver. You will need to pull the panel towards you to get it loose because ther are 2 plastic holders underneath the panel that need to come loose. I dont remember if you neet to remove the side bolster or not but if you do its pretty easy. Dont forget to unplug the middle taillight either. If i am remenvering right thats relly all there is to it. Hope it helps.

matt

·
Registered
Sephia
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Thanks a lot for the info. However, the side bolsters are the "cushions" on the sides of the back seats right? because i did all u sugested but i couldn't take those "cushions" off the sides, I thought that they were going to rip off or something like that since they are hooked to some metal pieces. That's the only thing blocking me from removing the panel. Once again thanks and I would appreciate if you could tell me how to take them off. :liebe011:

·
Registered
13 Posts
The bolsters are held in by a 14 mm bolt at the bottom of the pillow. If you look down the crack at the bottom of the pillow where it meets thre bottom seat cusionyou will see the bolt i'm talking about. I used a 1/2 inh drive socket with a 6 inch extension to reach it. Its in pretty tight but it will come. Once the bolt is out lift the bolsyer up and out. The top sits over a hook so you have to go strait up to remove it. That should be all there is. Let me know.
matt

·
Registered
Sephia
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:57: Hey thanx A LOT!!! I found the bolt, have the 1/2 one, but... have to get the extension to be able to reach it. Finally I'll be able to put those 600W speakers :grin:
Hey could you also help me to figure out how I would go for changing the front speakers :thumbsup:

thanks again.

·
Registered
Sephia
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone please help me? I'm trying to figure out how to take the door panels off my kia sephia 01. How do you take the window crank off??? pics would help a lot... thks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts