Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've owned a new 2012 Kia Sportage since last October and love it. My wife and I are fighting over driving it, so the time has come to purchase a second Kia. I want a Soul, but the wife does not like the boxy styling.

So today I looked at the Forte as a compromise. I especially like the Koup SX. My local dealer has some great deals on 2012 models with some rebates. I'm still on the fence about the Forte and would appreciate some feedback from current owners who would recommend purchasing one.

I've also considered the Hyundai Veloster, but the 2012 model is underpowered and the new 2013 Turbo is hard to get and no dealer incentives are being made. So I'm thinking the 2012 Forte Koup SX is the best deal going.

Feedback appreciated!:)

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,237 Posts
We like our 2011 Forte hatch (called Cerato in Australia). The Koup is a nice looking car, but since we only get the 2.0 non-turbo engines over here, it's not really a "Sports Car".

Performance and reliability has been great. 25/35 MPG (US). Ours is the S model with low accessory count and 15" steel wheels. Engine is Theta II, which provides good, if not inspiring performance. Test-drove a 2.4 Sportage, and it felt like a "large Forte".

There is supposed to be a new model coming next year, more curvy shape than the present model. Probably similar to Hyundai Elantra and with new engines.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We like our 2011 Forte hatch (called Cerato in Australia). The Koup is a nice looking car, but since we only get the 2.0 non-turbo engines over here, it's not really a "Sports Car".

Performance and reliability has been great. 25/35 MPG (US). Ours is the S model with low accessory count and 15" steel wheels. Engine is Theta II, which provides good, if not inspiring performance. Test-drove a 2.4 Sportage, and it felt like a "large Forte".

There is supposed to be a new model coming next year, more curvy shape than the present model. Probably similar to Hyundai Elantra and with new engines.
The Koup SX in the USA gets a 2.4 liter engine. The 2013 models are out here with no changes, so a new design Forte will be a 2014. Thanks for feedback.

·
Registered
04 nissan sentra spec v
15 Posts
If you like the Soul for the amount of room it has, maybe hold out until the new redesigned Rondo comes out? Everyone who comes into the dealership with a Rondo almost refuses to give it up or praises how awesome of a car it is.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,513 Posts
If you like the Soul for the amount of room it has, maybe hold out until the new redesigned Rondo comes out? Everyone who comes into the dealership with a Rondo almost refuses to give it up or praises how awesome of a car it is.
Do you know for a fact the new Rondo will be available in the US? (its been discontinued there since the start of 2010, but not in Canada). I know the new redesigned Rondo will be coming to Canada around the 2nd quarter of 2013 as a 2014 model.

·
Registered
04 nissan sentra spec v
15 Posts
I know they were testing it here in Ann Arbor Michigan but I doubt they will release it in the states :(.

·
Registered
'14 Kia Sorento SXL GDI V6, '16 Kia Sedona SX, Prev '11 Sorento, '12 Forte
7 Posts
OK, I've owned a new 2012 Kia Sportage since last October and love it. My wife and I are fighting over driving it, so the time has come to purchase a second Kia. I want a Soul, but the wife does not like the boxy styling.

So today I looked at the Forte as a compromise. I especially like the Koup SX. My local dealer has some great deals on 2012 models with some rebates. I'm still on the fence about the Forte and would appreciate some feedback from current owners who would recommend purchasing one.

I've also considered the Hyundai Veloster, but the 2012 model is underpowered and the new 2013 Turbo is hard to get and no dealer incentives are being made. So I'm thinking the 2012 Forte Koup SX is the best deal going.

Feedback appreciated!:)
I'm not sure if you're still looking, but I purchased a 2012 Kia Forte EX eco after test driving both it and an Optima. The Forte's pedal feel and responsiveness is exciting. I was so impressed with how it felt driving it that I opted to go for it over the more luxurious Optima, which had muddy pedal feel and less-than-exciting performance.

·
Registered
2012 Cerato/Forte Hatch SI
184 Posts
:D:DThe Koupe is a great looking car and I love the blue colour (same as my Cerato/Forte) I have seen them in redwhich I also like!! not keen on the black ones though!!

Just had another look at your photo is that the Queen Elizabeth 1 in the background???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts