Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 2011 Sorento from a coworker. It has the basic Non UVO head unit, and it suffers from the random, intermittent radio power cutout. I was able to get a hold of a Navigation Infinity system head unit I would like to replace the other with. I know that the stock system doesn't have an amp or GPS antenna. What I need if the connector pinout info for both the stock unit and more importantly, the Nav unit (96560-1u000ca). I intend to put in an amp and I assume that the Infinity unit has line level out through one of the connectors. I would then need to run into the stock connector with the power from the amp to the existing speakers. I'm trying to make it as simple as possible, it isn't about making the audio loads better so I won't be running new wire to the speakers. Also, what can I do to get an antenna for the Nav system? I have several GPS antenna in my leftover draws but the connector isn't the same. I'm hoping that since this is a 6 year old Sorento, someone might have dealt with this before. Any info will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
Sorento 2012
172 Posts
Look here: Kia Sorento: AVN Head Unit Components - AVN System - Body Electrical System - Kia Sorento XM 2011-2018 Service Manual

and here: Kia Sorento: Roof Antenna Components - AVN System - Body Electrical System - Kia Sorento XM 2011-2018 Service Manual

and here: Kia Sorento: Audio Unit Components - Audio - Body Electrical System - Kia Sorento XM 2011-2018 Service Manual

This should get you started. You must have more time then money doing this. I myself would just go with an aftermarket and be done with it. It is not just the wiring but the connectors to fit the radio that will be the problem. You may run into other problems too. Try bench testing that radio to make sure it all works before you go through all the work of rewiring the vehicle.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jolt2 but those diagrams aren't the same as either of the units I have. That has been the problem I'm finding. Every site that looks like it has the pinouts shows a different radio configuration but says it fits my car. The antenna info might help, I wasn't seeing anything about it. The head unit I have has three stacked connectors on the driver side bottom, Sirius toward the passenger in the mid height of the unit, and the FM antenna in the bottom passenger corner. The Nav head unit has the same three on the passenger side, FM antenna passenger bottom, and the Sirius and GPS antenna are 3/4 up on the passenger side. In addition it has a 24p style connector along the bottom 3/4 to the passenger side and a small 4 pin connector above that. As for more time to rewire, I would have to run wire to add an amp either way, the antenna was the only question. If I know the pinout for the line level on the Nav unit and the speaker connections from the old one, an adapter with the amp in the loop is easy. The hope was the GPS antenna could be a separate one I can put on the corner of the dash like the Android units in my other cars.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX FWD, 2016 Cardenza
1 Posts
Thanks jolt2 but those diagrams aren't the same as either of the units I have. That has been the problem I'm finding. Every site that looks like it has the pinouts shows a different radio configuration but says it fits my car. The antenna info might help, I wasn't seeing anything about it. The head unit I have has three stacked connectors on the driver side bottom, Sirius toward the passenger in the mid height of the unit, and the FM antenna in the bottom passenger corner. The Nav head unit has the same three on the passenger side, FM antenna passenger bottom, and the Sirius and GPS antenna are 3/4 up on the passenger side. In addition it has a 24p style connector along the bottom 3/4 to the passenger side and a small 4 pin connector above that. As for more time to rewire, I would have to run wire to add an amp either way, the antenna was the only question. If I know the pinout for the line level on the Nav unit and the speaker connections from the old one, an adapter with the amp in the loop is easy. The hope was the GPS antenna could be a separate one I can put on the corner of the dash like the Android units in my other cars.
Hi, Don is my name. I am working on the same task that take out the basic radio out replace with "Nav unit (96560-1u000ca)" if possible. I see you were working on this task, have you succeed the work? did you figure out the way to make it work? I am wonder. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,992 Posts
Hi, Don is my name. I am working on the same task that take out the basic radio out replace with "Nav unit (96560-1u000ca)" if possible. I see you were working on this task, have you succeed the work? did you figure out the way to make it work? I am wonder. Thanks
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento I4 Manual
8 Posts
Yikes! This feels like a much more complicated way of doing things. I get it the nav unit must have been cheap or fee but it's already 9 years old, why not throw an aftermarket unit in? Have things like car play or android auto?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts