Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sedona 2.9 Auto

I would like to buy a performance air filter for my Sedona.

I phoned around and was surprised to find how much these Accessories shops don't know about the products they sell.

Granted most have 100s if not thousands of items for sale but still an air filter.

Can any one recomend a brand and/or where to get one and is this simple
modification worth it on the Sedona?
Seacam

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this has been awhile, but I am new to this forum. I to looked for a standard replacement filter and found that no autoparts store carry them. I ended up buying 2 from the dealer so I didn't have to search for them again.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
Kia sedonas aren't exactly the vehicle your average car, Kevin and Tracy chav choose after passing their test.

You'd be able to get something like a K&N filter to fit inside the air box.

If you look through some of the people who do tune their cars (james scibie perhaps) then they may have some ideas.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are you looking for just a drop in or a kit?? K&N makes a drop in and you can get that at any auto store, though they may have to order it. Check autoanything.com. I'm not sure on the diesel engine, but they have them for the 3.5l. You can also take your box out and just put a cone on the end if you like. There are many universal cones that you can get to fit. Kits themselves I've not seen any except on on e-bay that was $149. You could make one much cheaper.

You will notice a little better acceleration and slightly better fuel economy as long as your not heavy with the foot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I was checking around for an air filter for my Sedona, I checked many places including Auto Zone, NAPA, and other local retailers. What I found is that my Kia dealer had all the auto parts stores beat in price. I was amazed; normally dealers are more expensive for everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts