Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On some of the new Sedonas, (04 ) I've seen foot rails fitted,
is it possible to buy these as a Kia accessory and fit them yourself.
Seacam

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I meant can I fit them to an 02 Sedona.

I have just come off the Web where I found an article stating that the engines fitted in 02- Sedona's were rebuilt, improved Mazda engines.

What do you think?
Seacam

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yes, you can fit them to any year Sedona.

I can believe the Mazda link, all of Kia's early technology came from Mazda, some part for early models still come in Mazda boxes!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello,

I hate refering enquiries to a search engine I always think it's a cop out.
Go to Google tap in Running Boards or Side Tubes.

I have this evening done a stint on Google and after all that I came across one company only here in the U.K. who actually advertised after- market side steps for a Sedona, £155-00inc.

There must be others, the two I shall phone tomorrow are, www.extremeautoaccessories.co.uk
www.dcp-shop.co.uk.

It would appear, as is always the case, the U.S. has far more choice with, in some cases, free shipping.
www.autoanything.com
www.jcwhitney.com

I shall stick to the UK but if I can't find anything cheeper then £ 155-00 I might get my trusty welder out and have a go at making a pair myself.

If you have better success then I please post the sites.
Seacam

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello,

On looking your right £155-00 is a good price.

You know I must learn to search forums befor I start posting questions.

I did a stint on Google last night and didn't get very far in my search for foot rails.

Did a 2hr stint just looking through this forum and came up with a hell of a lot more.

Came across you a few times.

I want to fit a performance air filter and tunning box, is this ok to do both these to a diesel engine, ( Sedona, Auto ), I keep seeing mentioned the name K&N filters are you able to advise and would I need a reducing ring?

Are there any other simple fuel saving mod's you know of.

I was also wondering if you could hazard a guess at something for me?

My Sedona has done just over 27,700 miles when the car is idling I have noticed an engine sound, tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick, ( said very fast ), ( a bit like tappets if they needed ajusting ), when accelerating this noise disapears, there does not appear to be any ill effects from this.

Also the auto box, it work just fine but appears to stay a long time in each gear before changing, it goes through the gears smoothly enough altho' I find the gear lever a little stiff when selecting, any views on this.
Seacam

·
Registered
391 Posts
My Sedona has done just over 27,700 miles when the car is idling I have noticed an engine sound, tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick, ( said very fast ), ( a bit like tappets if they needed ajusting ), when accelerating this noise disapears, there does not appear to be any ill effects from this.
is it still noisy when you finish your journey and idle.. I think the engine is quite loud when it is cold.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The Sedona diesel is quite vocal, there is no adjustment for the tappets, but the hydralic units can be replaced, although I've never replaced them on any Sedona diesel, inc some at 120k miles.
The engine is pretty bomb proof, very very few problems, just keep the oil fresh and good.
By all means put a tuning box on, make sure it's a good one, some are better than others in there execution, driven a few Sedonas with them fitted, and they really do pull like a train, just watch the tyre wear!

IMHO avoid 'free flow' filters, used them in the past, they make almost zero difference, other than the oil coating the air flow sensor and messing that up.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello,

Yes it is, at journey's end and idle.
Hot or cold it's a noisy engine but more so when starting from cold.

Which reminds me, I was doing a stint on this forum yesterday and came across one of your post's, did you ever fit a tunning box and have you seen a marked improvement?
Seacam

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello,

Thanks for all of that Murphwiz.

Kow-towing to the voice of experience what names should I be looking at as far as tuning boxes are concerned, any you have been particularly impressed with expensive or budget?
Seacam

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello,

I was just reading through your reply to me on air filters, what does IMHO stand for?
You say avoid 'free flow' filters is there another type of air filter I could fit?
seacam

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
IMHO = in my humble opinion

and IMHO stick with std filter, change it more often if you like as they do get dirty quickly with the amont of air the turbo sucks through.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts