Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I posted some questions today and claimed my 02 Sedona 2.9 was fitted with a Mercedes engine.

As has been pointed out to me there's no evidence on any engine part to suggest this.

So where did I get that little snippet from.

While looking for a Sedona I spoke to many Kia dealers at least four of them told me from 02 onwards the Sedona was fitted with a Mercedes engine and that doesn't include the conversation I had with a gentleman within Kia UK who said the same thing.

However, others said it was untrue, one dealer told me today the myth was being perpetuated by those who did not have much faith in the engines fitted and was using the Mercedes brand and Kia UK was aware of this.

I have seen 2 Kia dealerships advertising as such online.

What is the truth?
Seacam

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have heard the same too but not sure were. I know the Sang Yong uses merc engines but not so sure about the Sedona. My dealership said they are Kia's own engines.

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
From my sources it is believed the engine is manufactured at the same engine plant in Austria as some of the Merc oil burners.
But for all I know this could be complete Bo$$ocks! :)

Simon

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
All sounds fishy, most delaers don't actually know what they are selling.....

It's the same eninge for all sedonas, so that blows the 02 model assumption away, engines are the same, although the fuel system is very different, 02 models onwards use a Common rail system, made by deliphi.. whereas just about every german marque uses the home teams Bosch system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts