Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
KIA Sedona 2004
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Kirky from England in the UK.
I have just bought a 2004 Kia sedona and the steering wheel is not level. I will have to remove it to level it. Does anyone know how to remove the steering wheel without popping the airbag! Also do I need any special tools? ie. Torx or a puller?
Many thanks guys.
Kirky

·
Registered
34 Posts
Kirky,

:crying: why do you think the problem lies with the steering wheel? This is not something people just remove and move round a few notches!

I would start with getting the whhel alignment checked for thirty quid before risking popping the old air bag off - you any idea how much that is?

Suspect a heavy prang against the kerb could have caused the alignment to be out.

Best of luck

Roadrunner ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Did you buy it new?? If so all adjustments are covered under warranty, take it back in and have them fix it. Usually the only way a steering will gets off line is if there has been some front end work done on the vehicle..like new tyrods...etc. I would check to see if had been wrecked if you bought it used. As for doing it yourself...I would say just live with it....usually not an easy task on newer vehicles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts