Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install XM direct in a Sedona? My headunit won't be a problem, but it'll save me some time if anyone has a suggestion for where to mount the XM tuner box. I haven't been behind the dash yet, so I don't know what kind of room is back there. I had it under the passenger seat in my Xterra.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Do you mean the orange Terk box and the black box the antenna plugs into? They're both pretty small - in my Spectra I have them attached to the right of my stereo behind the front dash panel. I don't think you'll have any problem finding a place to put it anyway!

Devin

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, that would be the two boxes.... I haven't looked in the dash yet. So I was just trying to get some ideas in advance. I was planning on putting in the dash on my Xterra, but then I discovered that Xterras have no clearance whatsoever behind the dash. So, it went under the passenger seat. I was thinking of putting it under the drivers seat in the Sedona, but I think I'll have to buy extended cables if I do that.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finished everything. Ended up putting the Smart Adapter in the dash and the tuner box under the driver seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts