Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I finally just got my tuning box from Auto Park Reichert - it looks a little different to the one shown in Clartsonlys' post, but the connectors seem correct and it has the little screwy thing on it from 0 to F - came preset to 9.

OK - it's not to difficult to fit, so thought I'd do it in the car park after work - two bolts and a screw later and the air intake is off, the just remove the plug on the front of the engine and connect the box between the free wire and the engine connector!!

Hey presto, all done in 10 minutes or so.... :banana: only the bloody thing won't start now!! :wacko:

I've tried a couple of the settings down to 6 but same result, the engine just turns over but won't fire!!

Has anyone else come across this?? Is there something else that I need to do, or is it probably just a duff unit?

BTW The vehicle is a 2004 Sedona SE CRDi.

PS - Although the unit came from Reichert, I think they are originally sourced from Italy from a company called Python Tuning - anyone come across them??

Thanks
Jason

:wacko: :wacko:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Murphwiz@Sep 14 2005, 08:35 PM
Assuming it starts iwth the box removed, at least you haven't done any damage.
Does sound duff, car will not start without a signal from rail pressure sensor.

It didn't start straight away after I re-connected the original plug - just turned over again - was a bit worried there for a while, but just left it whilst I put the air intake back on and then it started OK - I assumed it just flooded or something!!

OK - I'll call Reichert tomorrow and see what they have to say - it's a cheaper unit, only 79 Euros!!

If they can't make it work, I'll pay them a visit - I'm in Munich at the moment so they're only about an hour away!!

Jason

·
Registered
391 Posts
sound broken to me. these things are usually quite expensive when they are fitted but I am sure it is only a variable resistor i there somewhere. get a replacement item.

th car probably didn't start first time after replacement may the fuel pump had flooded or starved the fuel intake (as if you had run out of diesel).

I drove i my car today you get used to the box if you use the car everyday, after cycling to the train station for a week it is nice driving such a responsive vehicle taking the kids to karate...

·
Registered
2001 Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi SE & 2004 Accord 2.2I-CDTI Exec
277 Posts
Can someone pass me more details about these tuning adaptors :-

1. Tech stuff about where they connect, plus anyone got any before/after torque+BHP curves
2. Can you people who've got them fitted confirm they are definately worth it, i.e. can you spot a real torque increase across the rev range.
3. How much money they cost???

·
Registered
391 Posts
The fitting instructions for the profitune box are here.

http://kia-forums.com/t5295-tuning-box-fitment.htm

to get a proper results would cost more than the £65 I paid for it. which is why if you get one fitted by a company in the UK it cost £400. I assume they ensure the voltages returned are correct and gauge the best position. I decided to get one for the fuel consumption, as I was told by a salesman at SCC superchips that if they fit a tuning box, it would increase the power, torque and fuel economy.

I am sure it feels better, and work collegues have commented on it running better. I think if you have a manual sedona you will have better fuel economy as you can quite happily drive around at 1700 revs, but the automatic gearboxes change gear for you - maybe when not required.

I hope anyone else who fits one puts there version in too, you can never tell if sometimes it is "all in the mind"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts