Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a good replacement tire jack for the one that comes with the 2005 Sedona?

I recently had to change a tire on my Sedona and I had forgotten what a POJ (piece of junk) the OEM jack is. I would like to use a hydraulic “bottle jack” but the lip on the rocker panel bottom would preclude that unless some type of an adapter was made to fit the top of the jack to the rocker panel lip.

Has anyone found a good substitute for the OEM jack?

Hey…….. Don’t go yet, I’m not done!

Here’s some info on my 2005 Sedona LX (with 68200 miles) purchased new in Sept. 2004 for $17140.00, cash with no trade-in.

So far, the only major non-maintenance expense was $265.00 to have the front rotors replaced; one of calipers hung-up and chewed the rotor pretty badly.

Had the timing belt, spark plugs and heater pipes replaced about a year ago for $900.00, including tax.

I had the dealer do the fix to the struts to eliminate the thumping sound from the front end………. It didn’t do a thing; I’ll just have to live with it.

Put a hitch on the van about five years ago. It’s a very easy job except the four bolts you have to remove to attach the hitch are really tight; I’d guess around 150-175 ft lbs or so. Be sure to use a B-I-G wrench for this.

The electrical hook up for the trailer was a dog. Even with the wiring diagram and all the necessary tools it took around four hours. It probably took a little longer than normal because I soldered all the connections and encased all the wiring I could reach in loom. Never-the-less, it was a real pain in the toe nails.

I’m get around 18/19 MPG mixed highway and back road travel and around 22MPG on the Interstates; this is about what I expected. Also, I found that using the cruise control adds around one or two MPG.

The Sedona handles real well in the snow with Blizzac snow tires. Also, since I live in the sticks (deer in my area are now using GPS), much of my mileage is on dirt/gravel roads. The heavy Sedona, at around 5000# loaded, takes the country roads quite well.

All-in-all, I can’t really complain about the Sedona. Repairs have been minimal, good in snow and comfortable to drive (and I HATE to drive).

Happy driving to all from……………… Martythed

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,506 Posts
Have you thought about a GOOD floor jack? Everyone needs one!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I gave it some thought, but we're talking Hernia City here; some of those things are pretty heavy.

However, looking around on the Internet I see some floor jacks made of aluminum that are a bit lighter but still heavy.

I might go with one, because once you get it out of the van it's probably the easiest -- and safest -- jack to use.

Thanks................. Martythed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts