Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Nissan Quest, prospective 2020 Sedona SX owner
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that the upgrade LED headlights creates two superior notches/shadows in the field of view, it moves around due to the DBL (dynamic bending lights). Ive checked out a 2018 SX, 2019 SX and they both suffer from this. Im in the market for a new minivan and like the 2020 Sedona SX except for this issue. Most dealers have no idea what im talking about and they only noticed it after an evening test drive with me.
One dealer called it "jagged illumination" and said the 2020s do NOT have this issue.
I have yet to test drive a 2020 SX as the nearest one is 60 miles away. I would hate to agree to a deal and drive 60 miles to find out the the notches/dark spots are still present.

I've noticed this topic in the Kia Stinger forums but hasn't been active since July 2019.

let me know if anyone has experience w a 2020 model or found a solution to this

thanks!

·
Registered
'14 Cadenza SX-L, '16 Sedona SX, Atlanta, GA, USA
223 Posts
I haven't noticed. Are they cutouts to prevent blinding oncoming cars? I've had previous cars that have had that. Never really noticed on either my Sedona or Cadenza.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, 2020 SX still has the 2 inverted triangle (dark spot) notches

Has anyone else noticed that the upgrade LED headlights creates two superior notches/shadows in the field of view, it moves around due to the DBL (dynamic bending lights). Ive checked out a 2018 SX, 2019 SX and they both suffer from this. Im in the market for a new minivan and like the 2020 Sedona SX except for this issue. Most dealers have no idea what im talking about and they only noticed it after an evening test drive with me.
One dealer called it "jagged illumination" and said the 2020s do NOT have this issue.
I have yet to test drive a 2020 SX as the nearest one is 60 miles away. I would hate to agree to a deal and drive 60 miles to find out the the notches/dark spots are still present.

I've noticed this topic in the Kia Stinger forums but hasn't been active since July 2019.

let me know if anyone has experience w a 2020 model or found a solution to this

thanks!

·
Registered
2013 Nissan Quest, prospective 2020 Sedona SX owner
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, 2020 SX still has the 2 inverted triangle (dark spot) notches
yes, drove 60 miles to check out the 2020 Sedona, dealer said Kia fixed that and no more jagged illumination. Drove car to shaded area and immediately saw the two dark spots. So unfortunate.
Im currently trying to find an auto customizer (custom headlights) to see if they can remedy the headlight issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts