Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
KIA Sedona 2004
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am in the UK and I’m really fed up with my 04 Sedona. It’s a great car but every time I lock it with the remote, the horn goes off. Is this standard? I wouldn’t mind, but doing shift work, it can be really anti social and my neighbours are getting really fed up when the horn goes off in the early hours of the morning.

Can I do something about this without losing the horn altogether? Kia are not very helpful. They reckon any ‘tinkering’ could invalidate my warranty.

Can anyone suggest anything please? My neighbours and I will be very grateful.

Many thanks.

John

·
Registered
KIA Sedona 2004
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a great idea, if only I could!!!

This is a great forum for us, it's full of interesting topics. Thanks for replying, it seems as though there is nothing that I can do really, except remove the horn fuse.

Cheers.

John

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi John,

Tell your neighbours they are lucky ... I'm deaf in one ear and have to remotely lock my sedona 3 times ... all the time ... but then, I don't like my neighbours, so perhaps that isn't a valid point.

What is though, is that one "beep" is better than the three "beep" and "light show" car alarms ... you can always find an upside!

Fiona

:eek:) smiles across the miles :eek:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

just press the OPEN button! After 30 seconds the car will lock automatically with no beep. This works fine, at least here in Germany.

Ciao....Stefan

·
Registered
KIA Sedona 2004
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many thanks Eco and Stefan. I will try both of these ideas and hope they will work for me. If they do, I might even be tempted to fit a better quality horn knowing that I can lock the car without it making a loud noise.

Kind regards.

John

·
Registered
KIA Sedona 2004
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello again,
Well it worked for me Seacam. I pressed the 'open' button and hey presto, the car locked itself with no 'beep'. I also tried locking the car using the key, and again no 'beep'. So both methods do work, the only thing is, I have no way of knowing if the alarm is actually on.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I really appreciate it.

John

·
Registered
71 Posts
Had to investigate this one further ...

Started off with my sedona already locked and alarmed.
I unlocked it using the key fob , didn't open any doors and, yes, it did lock itself ... but it did not activate the alarm!
Unlocked it using the key fob, opened a door, closed the door and waited ... did not lock or alarm itself.
The only way I could activate the alarm was to press the lock on the key fob.
Using the actual key only locked/unlocked the car and did not activate the alarm.

Perhaps we have different alarms installed?

Fiona

:) smiles across the miles :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello Fiona,

Hm!

I think you have a 05 Sedona mine is an 02.

Stefan's post said " PRESS OPEN BUTTON " which got me thinking.

My key fob is two button and says lock or unlock, not open.

Is your key fob one or two button and what does it say.

You may well be right about the alarm.
Seacam

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Seacam,

You're absolutely right, I own a 05 sedona.

I have a Bontec Co Ltd key fob transmitter and this has 3 buttons (no print on the key fob except the "kia" logo).

Looking at the fob:- top is an infared light, below this on the left is a black button with an 'open lock' symbol, on the right is red button with 'blowing horn' symbol, below this is a black button with the 'closed lock' symbol and below this is the 'kia' logo.

I guess it is quite possible that as they bring out newer models they may change or upgrade the alarm system.

HTH

Fiona

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello Fiona,

Clearly Stefan's suggestion works for some.

As for me I don't really mind the beeb at least I know I've locked and alarmed the car properly altho' I understand Kirky's standpoint.

I have to ask what does the 'blowing horn' symbol, do on your key fob, I mean what's it for?

What does HTH stand for?
Seacam

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well Seacam, when I press the 'blowing horn' symbol the alarm goes off ... I can only assume it's use is for a panic alarm.

HTH stands for 'hope this helps'.

I'm with you on the beep. My other car doesn't have this and I stand looking at the internal sensor to make sure it's armed (flashing) before I leave it.

I have to say though, I think it's really considerate of Kirky. There's nowt many like him around my way.

Anyways, safe motoring all :right:

Fiona

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi again,

have checked my key fob and indeed it also says "unlock". Sorry, my fault. By the way, my Sedona is a '03 without alarm.

Ciao....Stefan

1 - 20 of 32 Posts