Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 plate Kia Sedona 2.9crdi
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a Kia Sedona, it recently had its mot and failed on the handbrake only working one side, having tightened all the cables the wheel doesn’t move when it’s jacked up with the handbrake applied, but when I take it off the jack and roll backwards and forwards and apply the handbrake the wheel still rolls, any help would be much appreciated ?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,842 Posts
Hi I have a 55 plate Kia Sedona, it recently had its mot and failed on the handbrake only working one side, having tightened all the cables the wheel doesn’t move when it’s jacked up with the handbrake applied, but when I take it off the jack and roll backwards and forwards and apply the handbrake the wheel still rolls, any help would be much appreciated ?
What year ???????

Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,834 Posts
You say you have tightened the cables. But are all the links and pivots free to move? Is the cable actually free in it's sheath?

Have you tried the Sedona forum?

Oh - yes '55' plate is pretty meaningless to anyone outside UK. So about 2005 for reference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts