Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Sedona with the 3.8 engine.
The engine went into P2106 TAC System Forced Limited Power and displayed the following two fault codes:
P1295 Manufacturer Contrl Fuel Air Metering AND
P161B Manufacturer Contrl Auxiliary Inputs Auxiliary Outputs

The dealer indicated to me to change the Throttle Body position sensor which I did. During the change, I noticed a tear in the Air Intake Tube which I repaired with Gorilla tape to seal it up.

I also reset the check engine light by disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes.

The engine will still not run above an idle and sounds like it is getting a lot of air and no fuel (kinda a WAAAAAA) sound when you press on the accelerator.

Any thoughts?

I was kinda hoping to find out more about the codes.

Thanks,

Ken

·
Registered
1 Posts
P161b

My 2007 Optima threw P161B, P1295 and P2106 this morning. I think it is in the limp mode because it will not run much above 20 mph. I have been searching for info on these codes with little luck :(; any help out there?

·
Registered
1 Posts
P161b

My 2007 Optima threw P161B, P1295 and P2106 this morning. I think it is in the limp mode because it will not run much above 20 mph. I have been searching for info on these codes with little luck :(; any help out there?
I’m getting the same thing right now on my 2007 Sedona. Was hoping to have someone respond to you so I could get an answer. I guess I’ll have to just take it to a garage. FML

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,842 Posts
I’m getting the same thing right now on my 2007 Sedona. Was hoping to have someone respond to you so I could get an answer. I guess I’ll have to just take it to a garage. FML
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your Profile/Account Details

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/account-details

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
06 Grand Carnival
381 Posts
Hi You are responding to a 10 year old post to a different model,
What are YOUR codes? What efforts have you done to trouble shoot?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts