Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
You can't bump start auto's.
Until engine is turning the box isn't actually connected to the engine to turn it, as it needs hydralic pressure to do this, and that pressure won't be there til the pump operates, which needs the engine running.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Murphwiz. Hi Pete S,

I knew when I posted my thread, I might get my neck chopped, I was kinda responding to a thread by 54FLX about the pain he's having to go through with his alternator and he having to bump start or trickle charge his manual Sedona, so here goes, neck forward.

Everyone knows you can't bump/push start an Auto-----forwards---but what about backwards?. I know you can start an auto' that way, admitedly I haven't tried it in a Sedona and it would take some fancy hand/foot coordination but I know it can be done with an auto' I've done it.

You'll need a few pairs of hands for the grunt work and speed and cover a maximum of 40/50yards tops, I know it can be done so why not in a Sedona?

What about it Murphwiz, could a Sedona auto owner get themselves out of trouble and get their van started with a backward push?
Seacam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts