Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Kia Sedona LE 2004, when pressing the remote to lock up and set alarm, a very annoying dull horn sound is emitted. Is there a way to get the indicators to flash instead..........please! My Neighbours get very angry when I return at 2AM and lock my car.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
Do a search on here, there was a thread on it, basically if you don't want it to go parp, lock it with the key in the door instead.

·
Registered
KIA Sedona 2004
66 Posts
Hello cmaco00,
I started a thread on just this problem. My neighbours were also not very happy when I returned home from work in the early hours.

We found that the Sedona does not actually have an alarm as such, and if you want to lock the car without the horn going off, you can press the 'unlock' button on the remote and the car will lock itself after 30 secs. If you listen, you can hear it lock itself. The other way is to press the red button on the door handle inside before closing the door. All doors will then lock. Of course you can also do what Pepper suggested and use the key in the door to lock the car.

I too was under the misaprehension that the Sedona has an alarm, as far as I am now aware, it doesn't.

Incidentally, I have changed my stupid 'parp' horn for two lovely chrome twin tone horns. (£10) They were supplied with a four way relay that Murphwiz mentioned, and the electrician at work wired it all up for me, all I had to do was to make two brackets to carry the horns, out of some 15mm x 3mm flat chrome steel bar that I just happened to have.

Hope this helps.

Pictishloon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts