Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've recently been installing air-conditioning to my Kia Sedona (2.9). I've come to a bit of a problem with getting it to start though.

Can any body give me any ideas on what happens when the A/C button is pressed... in terms of relays etc. that are used, and where they are located. I've found the A/C cut-out relay, and by shorting that, the A/C will start. I've tested the Cut-out relay seperately, and that all appears fine.

I'm not installing the A/C into the rear section of the vehicle at present, and hence, is there anything there that I need to do? would it be stopping the front from working?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dan

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Is this factory A/C?

Did you fill the system with refrigerant, or enough refrigerant?
There is a pressure switch on the top of the drier, and if there isn't enough pressure, or too much, it will prevent the compressor from turning on and ruining itself. This is the most common reason why the compressor wouldn't start by itself. We don't have the 2.9's in the states, but the system is probably the same.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also wonder if Dansime's A/C is factory fitted.

The factory fitted A/C (& Heater as well) comes standard with two separate blowers -- one for the front and the other for the rear.

If the Front Fan Speed Control Knob is not switched ON, the rear blower cannot be ON at all.

Also the rear A/C Swith (at the central console) must be switched to R for it to work and there is also one extra rear fan speed control knob located on the roof at the rear seat.

Hope it can be of any help....keep me posted and you really need the wiring diagram/SLD diagram.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for the replies with this. Looks like the pressure switch is the first area to explore.

I'll post details of how I get on with this.

Good to have this Forum!! It was a big help with Timing Belt change. Thanks again.

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts