Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sedona EX 2007
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of the sliding doors don't operate with the door handle or the buttons in the door frame. Both doors operate fine with the FOB and Overhead buttons.

Since problem is common with both the doors and the doors are operational in some way, I am thinking the it might be a problem with some fuse/electric. Please let me know what might be the problem.

If it is the fuse, where are they located.

Thanks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Both of the sliding doors don't operate with the door handle or the buttons in the door frame. Both doors operate fine with the FOB and Overhead buttons.

Since problem is common with both the doors and the doors are operational in some way, I am thinking the it might be a problem with some fuse/electric. Please let me know what might be the problem.

If it is the fuse, where are they located.

Thanks.

Not a direct answer to your question, but the first step is to google the term "Kia Tech Info... and or "Hyundai Tech info" and go to the Kia/Hyundai (factory_ website and create a user id, log in and download /print, create a pdf of a copy of the service manual.

And then review the electrical training manual /wiring diagram..

Kia Tech site: http://www.kiatechinfo.com/

(Another option- while you're waiting on a response.. would be to search on Edmunds.com.... they have alot of threads on the Sedona /Hyundai Entourage..).

When searching remember the Sedona goes by several names....

Kia Carnival
Kia Sedona (2006-2012)
Hyundai Entourage (2007-2009) Phased out due to product overlap (EG: Sedona same car)

PS: If you do fix the issue yourself, or find the info /fix elsewhere make sure to do a (detailed) "Follow-up" post as these cars are getting old (Going out of warranty) and we need to build a database of fixes.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,411 Posts
Make sure the power button on the overhead console is pushed in. If it is off, it will cause your exact problem.

·
Registered
Kia Sedona EX 2007
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make sure the power button on the overhead console is pushed in. If it is off, it will cause your exact problem.
Perfect. This was the problem. As soon as I read this, it occurred to me. We don't usually touch that button. So, I didn't even check that. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts