Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

According to my local exhaust dealer, they don't have as listed an exhaust system
for the Kia Sedona suggesting it must be dealer part only, is that correct?

I have today observed that the roof rails & bars fitted to the Chrysler Voyager
are the same as mine.

I went looking today for a semi-synthetic diesel oil, I couldn't find one, can anyone recommend a brand.

I am today hobbling around due to the fact I have inflamed the tendon of right heel, I can only put it down to the different height of accelerator pedal compared to my old car, 'esus wept it's painful.
Seacam

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Quite possible the exhaust is dealer only, some Kia models still are delaer only due to low number sold!
Although considering how many Sedonas are around I'd be surprised if someone doesn't do them.

Should have roof rails and basic crossbars as standard??

Castrol GTD is a good oil.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,

I'll do a quick phone around tomorrow on the exhaust, see what I come up with.

I'll post the results.
Seacam

·
Registered
66 Posts
Where are you Seacam ?
If your not far from the channel hypermarkets=cut price oil its the same price but in euros :D
Mind you german and swedish are pretty handy for diesel oil. You could try "opie oils" on the web (find your own address :grin: )

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Eco,

London

A trip on a ferry or a tunnel train seems a little excessive for 10lt of diesel oil.

However taking your suggestion as you meant it, Hypermarket, what a good idea.

Perhaps one day when again my time is my own I shall do that trip.

Better still we'll meet up, do the trip, stuff both our Sedona's with car goodies
and flog 'em on this forum.
Seacam

·
Registered
66 Posts
Was in cite d' europe on tuesday so bought some ! ............. oh and 250 euros worth of JP Chet rose, and a few crates of 1664, a tank of 1 euro litre diesel :p

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Eco,

When it come to prices we are so truly screwed in this country.

I'm a Whisky or Bourbon man myself but do confess to having partaked in the odd
ice cold Carlsberg special.

Those days are gone for me, for a while at least, 22st, overweight, look and built like an outhouse, diabetic, pancress fucked to pieces, ( taking care of that ), still things could be much worse, I could own an early Skoda.
Seacam

·
Registered
391 Posts
sorry to hear about your foot. my wife has got "policemans heal" from working at the local school (all the walking and patrolling the playgrounds apparently)

it is where the tendon inflames and parts the bones in the heal. she hobbles around in the morning then it is okay during the day when it is warmed up then bad again later on.

Eco, it is almost cheaper to just go the france for you normal weekly shop and a fill up isn't it?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello,

That can only mean one thing, there must be a Policeman in this country who has no feet coz' I got one, your wife must have the other, you discribed it perfectly, darn it's sore.
Seacam.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think exhaust system is one of the last things to have problem for most of the cars, so initially only dealer may have it.

However, why you need it? In many cases, you do NOT need to "replace it" but apply some cleaner to clean it. My Nissan Quest 94 had "check engine" lights on since many years ago, then I use a exhaust system cleaner to pour one quart in to the tank every 3 months (no more frequently than that), and it clean up.

I typically go to Pepboys to buy one whenever I saw the "check engine" lights on every few months, sometimes close to a year, and applied it, then after about 30 miles drive, the "check engine" light will be gone. It's only $8, comparing to $800 to replace one.

It also says good for people could not pass DMV every 2 year check in New Jersey, after apply it and drive a few days, and the car will pass.

So, it is like if your carpet dirty, do you clean it or replace with a new one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts