Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've just recently managed to acquire an 2004 53 plate Sedona 2.9 CDRI in pretty much mint condition with only 107k on the clock. It's a lovely car but there's just two little problems with it..

Problem 1:
The car just won't start by itself at all.. little squirt of EZStart gets it going and when it does she's fine (see part 2..) but if you stop the engine and go to restart she just won't. I also get problems with the engine starting and failing to rev like the accelerator just isn't talking to the ECU.

Problem 2:
When you get her started and drive her, only in gear mind, she clunks like a fuel starvation around the 2k RPM till 2.5-2.8K RPM when the turbo kicks in and she stops.. but then the Check Engine light comes on and stays on till the revs drop back to say 1k idle speed.

Solutions Tried:
Had a mechanic hook up a fault reader, none in the buffer AT ALL! :huh: can't quite figure that one out... He suggests that either one of the cams has gone a tooth out or the fuel pump is a tooth out..

Also bled the entire fuel system, replaced the fuel filter, checked the immo unit, checked the key ariel, checked all the fuses and relays all seems fine.

Has anyone had anything like this happen to theirs? and would setting the timing belt again really solve everything as the mechanic suggested or should I look somewhere else??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, failed to add, when pulling away with the turbo and the check engine light I get no loss of power and nor does the Limp Home Mode kick in...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it in the garage now, found out the problem was one injector failed.. It was feeding all the pressure back into the system so it was causing starvation and lack of pressure for the start. £300 later, hopefully i'll have a working car!

·
Registered
Kia Sedona
4 Posts
HI there, i'm having a very similar problem of car not starting by key, have been priming with petrol-on-rag trick. Did changing injector fix yours?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts