Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Since I own my Rio Sedan, I'm trying to know why the rear speakers are not placed on the rear deck instead in the rear doors. Asked my salesman, he said the reason was Kia engineers found out much noise would get through so they didn't place the speakers there. Don't believe that. What is inside the metallic encasement seen in the trunk under the rear deck? Does someone know?
Thanks

·
Registered
2012 Rio SX Hatch
391 Posts
probably because they are in the doors for the hatch.
saves them money to not have 2 different style inner door panels maybe?

·
Registered
Tanz. Blue 2012 Rio Sedan,Al White 2013 Toyota PriusV
384 Posts
I always wondered this as well. I thought the sound design would be much better if they were behind the rear seats but since they are in the doors the sound isnt great...

I'm sure I will eventually be annoyed enough to change to better speakers but even that looks like a lot of work...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just upgraded all the speakers in my 2012 Sedan Base model.... easy as pie really.

6.5" Polk speakers drop in perfectly with the adapter. Bought from Crutchfield as a package. Coming from the stock power of the head unit, can't really say there is much of a difference. I will be pushing a 5 channel Alpine amp + 300W Sub so my little kia will bump.

Removing the door panels takes 2 minutes - to be honest this is the easiest car to work with audio wise I've had.

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O really? would you be so kind as to make a DIY? it would helps noobs like me a alot!
Me too I'd like to have more information. I tend to think it's an horrible job. Don't wish to replace the stock speakers in the rear doors. Wish to locate them in the rear deck. Is it possible?

·
Registered
2012 Black Kia Rio5 SX w/ Nav, 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
190 Posts
I just upgraded all the speakers in my 2012 Sedan Base model.... easy as pie really.

6.5" Polk speakers drop in perfectly with the adapter. Bought from Crutchfield as a package. Coming from the stock power of the head unit, can't really say there is much of a difference. I will be pushing a 5 channel Alpine amp + 300W Sub so my little kia will bump.

Removing the door panels takes 2 minutes - to be honest this is the easiest car to work with audio wise I've had.
@accelerus, which Polk speakers did you get? Is it these ones?

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
@accelerus, which Polk speakers did you get? Is it these ones?
Crutchfield indicates that the db651 (non "s" model) doesn't fit. They also indicate you need the shallow mount DXi650s rather than the DXi650. I'm not sure why they think you need the shallow mount Polks. I can confirm that the DXi650 fit with the adapter supplied by Crutchfield. So I would imagine that the db651 will fit too.

I installed the Kicker Ks65 and hated them. So I returned them to Crutchfield.ca, but kept the adapters they had sent. I picked up the Polk DXi650 from Best Buy in Bellingham and installed them front and rear (I have the hatchback) and am much happier with them. The non-shallow mount have better bass response than the "s" versions.

·
Registered
2012 Black Kia Rio5 SX w/ Nav, 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
190 Posts
Thanks for the info. Good to know about the DXi's. I see that both "s" models have the same specs other than the material of the tweeter. So, the price of the db651s would be better from what I see, since the second set is 1/2 price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts