Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I see a solid price on a 2013 V6 Sorento with 80K miles that I'm pretty much set to buy tomorrow. However my friend is strongly recommending me to reconsider and get a comparably priced Highlander or Pilot even if it means a few years older and 40K more miles. As he states these can easily get 200K miles and beyond on routine maintenance while a Sorento will likely need a host of repairs to keep in rolling past that point.
At this point I'm torn. Any input on this?
Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Before you buy, make sure to get it checked by an independent mechanic so you are sure its in good condition. If you do buy it, make sure to get all the fluids changed to have a fresh start with the vehicle. Insist they install new brakes and new tires before you purchase - you'll never regret doing this. An extended warranty wouldn't hurt either. This way you are covered for any unforseen expenses. For what it's worth we had a Highlander once and really liked it...but own two Sorento's now...

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX-V6 Luxury
207 Posts
I've had my 2012 V6 Sorento since July 2011... is approaching 160000km/100000m. Other than regular maintenance including flushing liquids, the only major expense has been for new tires.
The only problem I've had is the replacement of the passenger seat due to the failure of the seat belt sensor. This was covered under warranty.
IMHO: the Sorento would be a good buy!
As the other writer said, get a mechanic to give it an inspection before you buy & also get the service records. It is also wise to get a report from CarFax.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts