Kia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had this van for about three weeks, maybe more and I am not sure if I like the front seats. I don't know if it's me but I can't seem to get very comfortable. I try and I try to move and manipulate all the various positions but nothing seems to work. I can get somewhat happy but not like I would want. In any other vehicle I've owned I never remember this being an issue. I think the seats are positioned too high in the first place. I feel like I am sitting on a high bar stool having to reach down to the steering wheel. It's hard to describe. I didn't notice this at first on the test drive but after owning the vehicle and driving it more it just seems very difficult to get comfortable. Hmmm... I am not looking forward to the long trips!! I think I'll fly.

I like the van for the most part and I guess I can live with the seats but I do wish they were more comfortable. I think it all has to do with position.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello White Sedona,

It's funny, one of the things I like about the Sedona is its seat height.

The other is how firm the seats are, again for me I find my back fares better especially when sitting in London traffic a lot.

I'm sure I read somewhere that on some of the Sedona models you could soften or firm the seats up, if you have that option.

You're right, there nothing worse then or the feeling of being uncomfortable
when driving.

I am large yet the two most comfortable car seats I ever sat in was those of Saab
and a VW Sciroco, two entirely different seats but heck they were comfortable.

None of which really help you, you don't even have the option of putting something under you as that will raise you further.

After-markets seats I suppose is the way to go, what price do you put on comfort?
Seacam

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The electric leather seats don't have as much adjustment, and imho are not as comfy as the manual velour seats.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thats funny you say that.... I bought the base model and added tints purely because the wife couldn't stand the "Skin creeping velour" of the next model up !

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
It was one of the main reasons I bought the Sedona I drove my friends over a longish distance and found it to be so comfortable.
I drive a Transit daily for a living and although the seats themselves are comfortable I find the lack of leg room to be a real hindrance and our Renault Espace which we've just traded in was even worse, after 300 miles in the Espace I couldn't walk after stopping for a break.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I guess I am just built funny? because I don't think the seats are comfortable at all. They sit way too high and no matter how I play with the levers I can't find a good spot. Oh well, my wife drives this more than I do thank goodness. I drive a Honda Civic to work. The van is our family vehicle. I am not looking forward to the first long trip we take in it.

Also, they need better arm rest support. This might help. For instance, the left arm resting on the SMALL door area just doesn't cut it. There is no room for my left arm to rest. It's such a small and narrow area on top of the door by the window. Hardly any room at all. I think if Kia made this a tad wider the left arm would be more comfortable. For the right arm, the middle elbow rest is ok but not the greatest arm rest in the world either. It should sit higher or the seats should sit lower, one or the other.

I think the whole thing is all messed up. Not sure how Kia came up with the measurements on all this but they obviously never sat a real person inside the van when designing some of this stuff. It doesn't seem like it anyway.

Ok, I'm done venting now.

:whistling:

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
On UK cars the seat armrest height is adjustable aren't yours?

Once you've lowered it to the lowest position as you bring it back upwards it rests higher and higher till you find a comfortable position.

I agree about the door though, my friends owned a 2000 Sedona for 4 years now and its his only gripe on long distances journeys is that the top of the door is too thin to rest your arm on comfortably.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello White Sedona,

I agree, if I have one gripe about the Sedona seats which, as I have already said, I find comfortable, it's the arm rests.

There to narrow and not upholsterd enough and twist out tho' I think that's the stuffing shifting.

I know in one on my posts I said for such a big car there wasn't a lot of hidy holes
but someone explain to me why put zips in the armrests.
Seacam

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi Pepper,

I must check that, I knew the armrest angles were ajustable but not the hight or am I mis-understanding your post?

Yes, the door is to thin to be a comfortable arm rest.
Seacam

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
Hi whitesadona that's what I meant, the angle of the armrest is what's adjustable but by lifting that up I find a comfortable position for my arm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts