Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my partner purchased a 2012 Picanto new last year and around 3 months in we started to notice a couple of what looked like water stains on the outside of the drivers seat and we thought it was weird as nothing had been spilt on it.

Over the next three months the same thing happened to the inside of the drivers seat and also the same on the passenger seat. Kia eventually replaced the seat skins and that was that. but now 3 months later it has started to happen again and they are refusing to replace them.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue? i will post a photo of it this afternoon.

Thanks
Mitchel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is parked outside but no water has been on the seats and also it happens on both he inside and outside of the seats so it can't be anything coming in from outside. I but thanks for the reply :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting - I have a 2013 model and are getting these as well.

I assumed they were water droplets that land on the seat when opening a wet door upon entry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The real telltale sign is that they also appear on the inside of the seat which is unlikely for water droplets. I am located in New Zealand and we have quite strict consumer laws. This has enabled me to take them back twice and get them replaced. However it continues to happen. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all my partner purchased a 2012 Picanto new last year and around 3 months in we started to notice a couple of what looked like water stains on the outside of the drivers seat and we thought it was weird as nothing had been spilt on it.

Over the next three months the same thing happened to the inside of the drivers seat and also the same on the passenger seat. Kia eventually replaced the seat skins and that was that. but now 3 months later it has started to happen again and they are refusing to replace them.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue? i will post a photo of it this afternoon.

Thanks
Mitchel
Hi
We have a 2012 kia picanto and that happened to my wifes car.
Kia did re cover both front seat but now it has happened again but this time kia will not sort the problem out.
The kia dealer where we got the car said they will try to clean the seats.
They also told me they only new of one other case where the seats went like this.
If more people would report it then kia may have to sort it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts