Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife came in and said a piece fell out of the drivers seat:eek: Notice how the panel is drooping from its normal position. Don't see any way to "glue" it back together??:nerd:

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago... successfully glued it back in & has held since then.
Do you remember what type glue you used, anything else used to support it. It seems like two small areas to expect to glue and support the seat. I know when I get out, there is some pressure downward on the front half. :(

·
Registered
206 Posts
Do you remember what type glue you used, anything else used to support it. It seems like two small areas to expect to glue and support the seat. I know when I get out, there is some pressure downward on the front half. :(
I used Gorilla Glue... I don't recall on how many contacts points & where... I was under the impression that it would not hold, but it has.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was at the dealer today concerning the rear wheel sensor recall. Asked advisor about my broken seat, he said they would order me a new one under warranty. :)0:);):460:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer called and said part was in. Made an appointment and visit this morning. Installation took about 45 minutes including a wash. When reading the papers, the service advisor said that my vehicle has been out of warranty since August 2017 :eek: BUT he said that the dealer was going to cover it anyway as a good will gesture :laugh: Hats off to KIA dealer in Leesburg Fl.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts