Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,568 Posts
I would think twice about s/covers....you have air bags in the sides of both of your front seats.

·
Registered
2014 Abyss Blue Kia Forte EX Sedan
180 Posts
There is a decal on the drivers side of the dash you will see it when you open the door. It warns about the use of aftermarket seat covers. It could play havoc with the air bags in the side of the seats.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
On a related note, what is the best way to care for the "leather" seats in the SX to keep them looking new?

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
405 Posts
On a related note, what is the best way to care for the "leather" seats in the SX to keep them looking new?
I use this stuff on my leather seats, it is nice, gives it a glossy finish, and isn't too gross: Meguiar's Canada
The one I have is the pre-moistened wipes rather than the spray. I find I can do all the seats with 2 or 3 wipes.
First time you sit on them, if you then go and sit on a leather seat in your office, you will slide around a bit, it is kind of fun, but as far as I can tell, did no damage to my pants. I'm sure that if you wipe down with a dry cloth after you apply, it will reduce that effect (and the shine).

·
Registered
12 RIO 5 SX, 07 VW Passat 2.0L turbo 1952 Siata Diana
168 Posts
I always thought seat covers make the seats look cheap. Also, why keep the seats looking new for the next owner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts