Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 kia rondo ex V6
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got some replacement seats for the front of my rondo. Unfortunately the new seat rails are a bit narrower than OEM seat base(?) not sure what you call it

So I am curious if I cut out the cross rails to the base and make them independent I could make it work. But would it still be safe if bolted back in like factory?

Not worried about airbags in the seat at all. I am no fabricator by any means. What would you guys recommend me to do?
Thank in advance

·
Registered
2007 kia rondo ex V6
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I’m a idiot. Even if I cut the crossbars it would still be too narrow.
maybe to sheets of steel on the bottom of the new rails to make it wider, then I could just drill and bolt the 2 together.I am no fabricator by any means. Lol

·
Registered
2007 kia rondo ex V6
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well after a lot of burning rubber I figured it out. I took (picture two) the base and cut the crossbars, then grinder the tabs off the new seat. Oversized the holes a bit for screws to lay flush. Luckily the holes from both matched and after a hour of trying to get the screws in , I decided to do the back screws first so that I could place the seat on the ground and finish the front screws which were a pain in the ass. Placed in vehicle and since the crossbars are no longer I was able to manipulate the base to fit.
Thursday I will finish the seatbelt and airbag wiring. Along with starting/finishing the driver side. I will take pictures and post of the process for others that aren’t familiar with seat installs/conversions like me. Lol

·
Registered
2007 kia rondo ex V6
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finished product.

Do have one issue. What do I do about the seatbelt anchor? You can see it on the passenger side. Was connected to seat and new seat doesn’t have it. Can I drill in the floorboard?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts