Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
MY12 Sportage SLi - Techno Orange
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - hoping some one out in Sportage world can help me work out how to disable the seat belt warning chime?

Before anyone jumps on me about not wearing a seat belt, let me explain...

We live on a large property and have to open numerous gates on our way from the the public road to our house which are on private land and never exceed 20kms/hr.

Our old vehicle, Ford Territory, had a sequence of pushing buttons and turning the ignition on and off to disable/enable the belt warning chime. Was hoping the Kia had something similar.

thanks
Jas

·
Registered
557 Posts
"DO NOT USE" lol

No judgement at all. The seatbelt chime is based on one of those moralistish generalizations, "Seatbelts should always be on when the vehicle is in gear". Not necessarily. In another car, when I put a couple bags of groceries on the passenger seat, I have to seatbelt the groceries to stop the beeping. Nevermind that the beeping while driving is distracting, so is driving with my torso over the passenger seat, fumbling with a strap on the other side of the car. My dog has also expressed confusion regarding being strapped down to the seat.

You're on your own property where seatbelt laws don't apply (probably in Australia), driving slowly, with no traffic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts