Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Kia Sorento
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find this part online. Cab somebody help me locate one to buy? Looks like a simple fix. It's the buckle end of the third row, drivers side seat belt. You can see it's been eaten by a mouse. Probably not too safe right now.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
1,436 Posts
Your best off getting this at a salvage yard as ecanderson states.
I've tried to purchase new in the past and have only been told "Dealer Installed Part".

·
Registered
17 Kia Sorento
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hope you got rid of the mouse - that was an industrious little sucker.
I hope I got him! After removing the cargo box I found what appears to be his nest and a bunch of mouse turds. I cleaned it out real good and set up a trail camera and a bunch of traps. No sign of him since cleaning out the nest! It's only been a couple days so we'll see.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD
33 Posts
How did it get in there in the first place?
I just got back from a camping trip in the mountains, I was parked for two nights. I first noticed there was a lot of paper bits in the car, then I saw a box of tissues had been chewed up, it looked like she was making a nest there. We opened up the hood and found mouse droppings in the space under the A piller, meanwhile my friend, who was using a gas leaf blower, came up and started to blow air around the cabin . . . when as we're still looking under the hood, up from the engine pops the face of a mouse! She (I assume it was a she) ran over to the passenger side and went down between the body work and the coolant reservoir and disappeared. We kept making noise, honking the horn, yelling, slapping the body work etc. and she must have slipped away, there have been no signs since.

Apparently there is easy access between the engine compartment and the passenger compartment, somewhere near the hood hinges. This was the first mouse I had in the Sorento, but I've had two get in the ventilation system in my old Frontier (different camping trips) and build nests on top of the squirrel cage fan which must have seemed an ideal place . . . that is, until I started it up and things went round and round. Twice I had to dig . . . well, lets just say it wasn't pretty and it didn't smell pretty. I was very glad to get this one to walk/run away. Many people who go hiking and camping seem to have a story about mice making nests in the car, I didn't even have food in there. I wish the manufacturers made it more difficult for them to get in, not sure how hard that would be. One of my friends had wiring chewed up under the hood of his vehicle, he didn't know he had a mouse until things quit working. Stupid mice.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
1,436 Posts
Good story! I got a chuckle out of it.....the story not your predicament.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts