Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New here & planning to buy a Sorento. Does anyone have any tips on whether a 2nd hand Sorento is worth buying - big risks, I know but having the urge to change cars every 3 years, I don't feel it's necessary to buy a brand new car.

Please let me have your comments.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in the same situation as you do. I have tested drive a new Sorento last week. I had a pretty good feeling with it. However, I do hesitate to buy it since I was told that Sorento has some engine problem on long distance drive. Anyone has such experience, pls let me know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It was my understanding that most Sorentos come with a 100,000 mile 10 yr warranty. correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi
in the UK the sorento is under warranty for 5 years, this covers everything including the exhaust. so yes - worth buying second hand as the warranty remains with the car not the firts buyer.
Ros

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Are you sure about the 5 year warranty?
AFAIK Kia still only offer 3 years, Hyundai do 5... if you've got 5, let me know your dealer! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.. all, I just bought an '03 Sorento EX.. I checked the warranty with Kia America -Original owners have a 5yr/60k bumper-to-bumper plus a 10yr/100k powertrain warranty - second owners get only the 5/60k bumper to bumper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts