Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2005 Cerato 1.6 and both front and rear screen washers have suddenly stopped working. I have checked all the fuses in the 2 fuseboxes and they are all ok. None of the fuses in the fuseboxes are marked as "screen washers". Does anyone know if there is a seperate fuse tucked away somewhere for the screen washerpump? I'm hoping that it's not a burned out motor as it looks a difficult job to get at. Does anyone have anyideas please?

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Your location? Maybe it's cold enough to freeze the washer fluid. You can add special "washer anti-freeze" to prevent this.

·
Registered
06 KIA Spec5, 2000 HD Roadking
1,515 Posts
I do not know if there is a fuse specifically for the washer motor or not. I guessing it is tied into another fuse. I would venture to guess that your washer pump is deceased. Mine went out at 65k. I am assuming you are not in the U.S., and if that is the case then i have no idea what the pump would cost you. I paid $22.00 for mine online. Changing it out is not that big of a deal. Jack the front right side up and remove the wheel. The there are 6 or7 screws holding the front of the inner fender in. You only need to remove enough screws to pull down the front of the inner fender. Then you will have access to the washer resevoir. The pump just snaps on to the side of the resevoir. There is a power plug and a couple of lines that go to the nozzles ;connected to it. I f you change the pump out make sure you blow some air thru the line going to the nozzles to make sure they are not plugged up. It sounds like a complicated procedure, but is actually fairly simple to do it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks Kiazilla. I guessed deep down that the pump had "had it" because the car has been standing for several days in the freezing weather we've been having in the UK, so it's probably frozen even though I had put winter screen wash fluid in the reservoir. Thanks for the tips on replacement. I will search online for a replacement pump.

·
Registered
06 KIA Spec5, 2000 HD Roadking
1,515 Posts
I do'nt know if you can order from Rockauto.com from the UK, but if you can you should definitely check them out. They have just about everything for our cars and their prices are reasonable.;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your help guys. I managed to get one from my local Kia dealers for £26. (Kia part no. 98510FD100)

·
Registered
KIA Cerato 2005
1 Posts
Have same problem, but still hoping the system is only frozen.
Washer should share fuse with front wiper engine, but if wipers works, the fuse is not the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts