Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sedona 3.3L V6 SX FWD
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2021 SX with the RES. The manual says I can cast my phone's screen to one of the RES screens. However, when I go through the steps the monitor name never shows on the list of available devices on my phone. Has anyone actually had any luck getting this to work and know how to do it?

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sedona SX | 2017 Kia Soul+
11 Posts
I have a 2020 SX with RES, and I would like to know how to do this as well. I have an iPhone and iPad, and I think that it is only an option with an Android phone. I have also tried using an Android, and I was unable to mirror the screen. I would like to know if that can be done using an Apple iPhone.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
474 Posts
Are you talking about Car Play or Android Auto?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Neither. The rear entertainment system has a small monitor on the back of both front seats. You are supposed to be able to mirror your phone/tablet screen wirelessly to these monitors. There is also an HDMI connection, a USB slot, a memory card slot, and a connected DVD player.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Ah ha, I don't have that, so I guess I don't have a problem. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, I think it is only on the Sedonas. The usability is a little awkward, and it can only be controlled with the screens in the backseat. We have 2 kids in car seats, and being able to cast to the screens would be a big help.

·
Registered
474 Posts
That would be a cool option, too bad it doesn't work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts