Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(has anyone had any scratches touched up on their cars. Had an encounter with an umbrella today. I was parked in the car park of a garden centre and the adjoining cafe had umbrellas over the tables outside. Wind blew one over the wall straight onto my bonnet hence the scratches. If it has to be touched up will it show. Its bright red and I am really gutted . Also I do not know how expensive this will be. The owner of the cafe has said he will put it right but you never know.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
243 Posts
Hey,

New here but lovin it already....

Sorry to hear about your picanto, that is really awful, I am afraid to say too that you will need to have it resprayed if you want it to look like new again as touchup paint may be a good match, but rarely perfect. some filling/priming work may be necessary too. If the scratches are only hairline try "Turtlewax Colour Magic" this may do the trick, but the only real fix is a respray I am afraid :(

I only know this due to a small bumper scuff... mirrors folded in versus bush.... hmmm....

Mike (chimp)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
had my car done .They did not respray. It was a company that repairs chips and scratches. Quite impressed. Not quite sure how it was done but will be very very careful where I park in future. Luckily it did not cost me as it was a goodwill gesture from the place where it happened.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
243 Posts
Good to hear, I have seen companies like "chips away" that seem to do that kind or repair work, it helps too when the car is new and the paint is at its most vibrant. pleased you got it sorted. :) Had a slight scuff myself and had it done for £40 respray, as they had to do a warranty respray of the right hand side of the car and as a result lost the price of the paint for me. Pica's all shiny and new again! :D

Mike

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
Someone has scuffed my paint on the rear passenger door, it looked quite bad but with a bit of Turtle Wax Colour Magic polish (as previously mentioned), it looks really good and is hardly noticeable. I am going to try a little T-Cut metallic when I next wash it and see if that lifts the scratch out a little bit more!

Kevin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts