Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Spectra5
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to add keyless entry on my 2005 Spectra5. If anyone can share the power door lock section of the schematic, or maybe just tell me the wire colors for the lock & unlock trigger and where it can be tapped, that would be great. Thanks! :)

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,923 Posts
Pretty Simple...
The Spectra5 (SX) comes with a door lock /Unlock key fob...
If your car is missing it you can buy one on ebay and have a local
KIA Dealer program it into the BCM... Check what they charge for this "service" first and check other KIA Dealers for different
Dave

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
damn its been a while since i did my alarm. i will check for you since i need to install a new alarm on my car anyways one with remote start.

·
Registered
2007 Spectra5
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tt2jzgtes - Thanks, i appreciate it

DaveSspectra - The car came with an alarm but it looks to be an aftermarket unit because of the sloppy wiring job done. Oh and what is BCM?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,923 Posts
BCM is the "body control module" where the fob code should be stored...It might be stored in the ECM (engine control module) but I don't believe it is.
Again...The Spec(5) should have come with a factory alarm... There will be a "horn" mounted on the passenger side strut tower if it's factory installed.
The dealer can only program the car for the fob.
Dave

·
Registered
2007 Spectra5
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys, i've found the info i was looking for.

Lock wire - yellow/orange
Unlock wire - yellow/black

Both are located in the kick panel and run right under the steering column. Also there are 2 yellow/black wires going to the same harness, but one was thicker (18ga vs 16ga) than the other so i just went for the thinner one because the lock wire (yellow/orange) had the thinner wire. Works great :)

And here is the website i found with the info:
2005-2006*Kia*Spectra*Vehicle Wiring Chart and Diagram

·
Registered
2006 Spectra5
1 Posts
I have a 2006 Spectra5 and had trouble finding the wires in the kick panel, but found a much easier place to locate them. Above the fuse panel (ETACS) are 4 connectors of various colors. The green connector (far right) has the wires needed (bottom-left 2 wires on that connector). For the 2006 they are yellow/black (unlock) and yellow/orange (lock). Just disconnect the harness by pulling out the blue retainer the 1/8inch or so it goes, and press the top down to release it. You end up having perfect clearance to the wires and don't have to try and contort yourself in the process.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts