Kia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX I4 FWD Auto
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife got tired of the poor gas mileage, rattles and truck like ride of her 2011 Sorento. A dealer offered me $19000 trade-in toward a 2012 Toyota Prius that I could not ignore. We paid $23000 for our LX I4 in Feb. 2010, so she got to drive a new Sorento for 28 months for $4000.
Good deal.

KIA is on the path of making good cars. However they need to work on the details (see complaints above). Honestly it was a great looking vehicle with a few annoyances that could have been corrected if KIA would have made a greater QC effort.

The Prius has made her happy. Great mileage (getting 51mpg), good ride over most roads, and plenty of tech inside to play with.

I wish you all luck with your Sorentos and hope you enjoy it for many years. Perhaps I will give KIA another try, some day, but at this time I say sayonara from our Japanese gas sipper!
;)

·
Registered
2011 Sorento 2.4L LX AWD, Blue Jeans
7 Posts
I feel your pain and good luck with your new car.
BTW, it is Korean not Japanese.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
That's generally true with most wives!
:eek:
:D
LOL

I had a Prius as a rental for about a week. They're nice cars. I've only had my Sorento for a few days so far, but I haven't heard the first squeak/rattle and I'm getting the advertised gas mileage. *shrug*

One of my co-workers bought an M-class Benz SUV about 6 months ago for a bit over $50k. He rode in the Sorento yesterday and today he's telling me that he might trade in the Benz for a Sorento. Perhaps I'm biased, but even if they were the same price, I'd prefer the Sorento too.

Best,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi People,
I normally do not comment on these things, but I guess I've just heard enough complaints from owners of Sorento's. I guess they didn't test drive the Sorento first.
I spent an incredible amount of time reseaching this vehicle, and knew what it was and was not.
1.) This a truck!! It's a light truck, but it's a truck, not an economy car.
2.) These vehicles weigh 2-tons!! If you wanted 50mpg, you're not going to get that in 2-ton truck. (Hope you love your Prius, but it can't tow 3500lbs.)

·
Registered
Race Blue MY12 Skoda Octavia RS TDI Manual
922 Posts
Alternatively, other international markets get the diesel Sorento... 56 US MPG, and tows something like 5,500lbs.

Has the same ride as my Euro diesel Sportswagon. But thats not a bad thing, not at all. Esp. here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts