Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'14 Cadenza SX-L, '16 Sedona SX, Atlanta, GA, USA
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't recall seeing any Tellurides on the road before yesterday, then I saw two on my way home from work. They looked smaller than I expected. That was a surprise since I had seen them at the auto show a couple months ago and it looked pretty large there (but then they were surrounded by all the other Kia models, which are smaller). They look pretty nice in the wild!

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
315 Posts
I haven't seen one in the wild yet but saw one in the showroom yesterday. The interior is very high end looking and the exterior doesn't seem all that large to me although clearly bigger than our Sorento. Personally, I think it's going to make it hard to sell Sorentos when the pricing is so very close. In two years, it will be my turn for a new car and I'll probably have the Telluride at the top of the list.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the Sorento will continue to sell, for those that want the extra cargo space with occasional 3rd-row use. For regular 3rd-row use, the Telluride is much better.

I previously had a Subaru Tribeca, and the Sorento had slightly more 3rd-row space than the Tribeca, but not enough difference for me, so I went with the Sedona. If the Telluride had been out in '16, I'd likely be in one now.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,972 Posts
I saw my 1st yesterday it was an LX gray with black interior I was very impressed I will trade in the Sorento when the dealers start negotiating below MSRP I have seen some of the dealers wanting 3K over MSRP so i hope to get one in the next couple of months.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen a couple more on my commute in the last week. I don't know what trim level, they're zipping past me going the opposite direction - too fast to get a good look. One was green and I think the other was silver.

I have it on my radar for a purchase in a couple years. I'm really hoping the electronic dash gets brought over from the Palisade. I really like it.

·
Registered
Sorento 2017 EX v6
148 Posts
I haven't seen one in the wild yet but saw one in the showroom yesterday. The interior is very high end looking and the exterior doesn't seem all that large to me although clearly bigger than our Sorento. Personally, I think it's going to make it hard to sell Sorentos when the pricing is so very close. In two years, it will be my turn for a new car and I'll probably have the Telluride at the top of the list.
Pricing close? In Canada the Sorento starts at 28,295 and the Telluride from 44,995!

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX AWD
527 Posts
i've only seen them in car magazines, reminds me of a cross between a Lincoln and Cadillac.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts