Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio EX
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My satellite radio trial period ended and I have not subscribed for the service. Yesterday my girlfriend noticed the satellite stations were playing again. Has anyone else seen this? Is it a holiday promotion?

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
the last two weeks its been free, you may find it gone within the next day or two, mine is working at present and I don't subscribe, however, they sent me an email to let me know that it was happening and then another one to say I had one more week left along with some promotion prices - but I'm still not going to subscribe.

·
Registered
109 Posts
my recommendation - don't subscribe. If you got lucky like me, they ended up calling me once a week for about 2 months. I'm always away so when they finally got a hold of me, they end up giving me a $4/month deal (or was it $4/3 months, I can't quite remember, probably the $4/month).
The only catch is now they have my CC on file and I'll have to call in in december to 'cancel' the subscription unless they give me the same deal again.
A few minutes on the phone can save a few dollars here and there..

·
Registered
2013 Soul+ Shadow, 1970 Opel GT 1.9 CIH 4M
142 Posts
8 Months Free

My 2010 Soul had "free" satellite radio for 8 months before they shut me down. I was not back-charged for this service and I was able to negotiate a lower cost after 3 or 4 calls to Customer Service. As stated by Zergal "A few minutes on the phone can save a few dollars here and there..."

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
After my 3 months paid by Kia, Sirius cancelled my service right away. Called them an negotiated 12 months/4 $ month subscription. Love their service. Advice: negotiate before anything else.

·
Registered
2012 Rio 5 SX
64 Posts
I've had Sirius running on my car for almost 8 months, the dealer never finished the prep before letting me have the car, so I think the radio is stuck in some sort of limbo.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
After my free trial expired I was called by Sirius once every couple of weeks and was offered the 4/month rate but have turned them down. It just didn't seem like a service I was willing to pay for. I listen almost exclusively to the music on my flash drive.

After upgrading the firmware the free service returned. Not sure if the two are connected or not. We'll see how long it lasts and if they start calling again. You would think that if it is a promotion to try to get people back they would inform people that it is on another free trial. It's not going to work if people don't even know its free again.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 LX mtx
181 Posts
I tried mine last night (I ditched sat radio long ago), and I'm getting it, too..but no BBC. That, and WRN, was about all I listened to when I had it. I got tired of hearing the same songs being replayed...I have more variety on an 8gig flash drive. Sirius is trying to sucker me back in with a $25/6months deal. No, thanks.

·
Registered
Kia Rio5 SX (MT)
11 Posts
I noticed the same thing myself.

3 days ago should have been the trial deadline. On the way home just before killing the car the radio kicked off and flashed the message (Subscription Expired). A few seconds later the screen flashed (Subscription Updated) and the radio kicked back on.

Never provided any info to Sirius as I was waiting to neg a deal. Call me one happy Satellite listener. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts