Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Dune !
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is arguably the most popular phone on the market today, yet the Kia UVO system doesn't fully sync with it?

I consulted the Kia website itself, only to be thrown into confusion's arms. The UVO compatibility selector lists the GS3 as practically fully compatible; the .PDF chart (admittedly possibly outdated) doesn't.

So there must be more owners out there with a GS3. Does it sync your contact's complete phone number? Can you press the steering wheel button and "voice dial"? Let me add my system only syncs up the area codes for each individual phone number on my contacts list.

Please give me your feedback.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,960 Posts
There are thousands of "bluetooth" devices and they are changed every 6 months or so.
Your car may have been manufactored BEFORE the Galaxy S3 was released... Computer operating systems are upgraded often when new items come out ...Car systems ARE NOT.
Have your cell phone provider try a S2 and see if it syncs up properly..
Then contact KIA corporate about a possible update on your bluetooth software.
Dave

·
Registered
2012 Dune !
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can do that. Actually, when I called a Kia rep, she suggested I make an appointment at my dealership so they can investigate further.

Funny thing is though, Kia just recently released a UVO update; about a month ago! Korean automobile company... biggest Korean cell phone company... I'll bet Korea UVO owners have zero problems with their technologies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem. I couldn't get the original Samsung Galaxy to sync, nor can I get the new Galaxy S3 to sync. Poor job on this one by Kia. They need to do better research when it comes to deciding which phones will work and which ones won't...

·
Super Moderator
6,960 Posts
Like I said KIA makes the cars before the cell phone models come out... They can not "predict" what the cell phone industry will do. The have "drivers" for the most common phones when the bluetooth unit was made...They may have a firmware update but you have to find/ask the right person at KIA.
This is not KIAs problem alone...ALL car manufactors have some problems with some phones and/or bluetooth devices.
Dave

·
Super Moderator
6,960 Posts
Notified macini of illegal advertising link in his post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts