Kia Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Niro EX Premium PHEV
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just an update to this. It's been less than a year since I bought the Niro PHEV.
I was doing extremely well adapting to the car, and managed to get my average MPG up well over 100 MPG.
This was by charging while at work, and getting very close to 100% electric propulsion.
Everything was going great until it died with 2 error codes and a trip to the dealer on April 4th.
It has been in the shop ever since, and last week I got a buyback offer from Kia.
They are going to give me a check in addition to paying off the vehicle loan, which is a good closure for me in a lot of ways.

Because of this, I am going to a Full BEV. In my case, it will be a Chevy Bolt EUV Premier.
I know this is a controversial choice, but in current market conditions, this is the only full EV I can afford without really pushing my monthly budget, so it was this or another gas car.

This is probably the worst time to buy a new car I have ever seen. All the dealer lots are empty and every one of them are adding market adjustments, and absolutely overcharging everyone to extreme levels, it's disgusting.
This is why the Bolt, because of the stigma, and the fact they have actually resolved the problem with the batteries, it was worth it to me. Even on the Bolt many dealers are doing market adjustments. I had to visit over 10 dealers and negotiate like crazy to find an acceptable deal.

God help anyone out there trying to buy a car right now.
And I am so thankful I won't be dealing with a short BEV range and constantly charging. That was becoming a real pain in the bottom side.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Niro EX Premium PHEV
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
For those who are thinking of EV6 Light, or base model Ioniq 5, good luck. The markups on those are so obscene I didn't bother to even try.

·
Registered
358 Posts
You timed getting rid of that Sportage perfectly. You could not trust the engine longetivity of that Sportage much longer.

Error codes may be in the future for your Chevy Bolt. Wasn't the Niro still under warranty and those error code malfunctions fixable?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
'You timed getting rid of that Sportage perfectly. You could not trust the engine longetivity of that Sportage much longer.'

I think that's baloney. Besides, the power train has a 10/100 warranty, plus the engine short block has a lifetime warranty.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts