Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Telluride 2020 S
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been having this very unsafe issue with our car for the last 3 months and dealership can’t find what it is and corporate hasn’t been much help either.
While driving I get a beep and all the lights and warnings on the dashboard comes up. It keeps blinking the warning Check Forward Collision Avoidance Check System, the shift light won’t change, the speedometer won’t read the speed, the level of gas changes from 230 to 0 then back up to 50 and it keeps changing very fast. The signal light won’t work, the steering wheel gets very stiff to the point you cant safely park or pull out from a parking lot.
This is very unpredictable because it can happen while driving or when you turn the car on. It can last for seconds, few minutes, 5 mins, 10 mins, or 30.
We took to the dealer at least 5 times and they can’t figure it out. They keep saying they need the car while this is happening but it’s impossible to get the car to them while this is going on, so they tell us to bring it back when it happens. We were lucky to Make it there one time with the issue happening (dealer is 30 mins from our house) and again they couldn’t figure it out. Told us to bring it back the next day and they had our car for a whole week for the second time and still nothing. We spoke with this customer service lady and she was a joke of an employee.
She keeps saying the car was fixed and couldn’t do anything else for us. I said a thousand times the car is not safe and it is not fixed and she keeps insisting that it is because the lights is not on and I kept telling her that just because the light is not in doesn’t mean it’s fixed because it comes and go. She said there is nothing else they can do for me and was going to close my case as resolved. I insist to speak with her boss or someone above her and she kept saying there is no one else because she is the escalated case regional analyst. I am sure she has a boss and there are other departments when issues with the car can’t be fixed.
Anybody ever dealt with this issue with the Telluride or any other issues that needed to be escalated about this department?
I am at loss for words with the customer service. This can’t just be the end of it... a car with a pattern of the same issue that has happened at least 15 times and had us do about 5 trips to the dealership for them to just say “sorry but we can’t do anything for you right now, bring it back when it happens again.” All if that while they know we can’t make it to the dealership with the car like this.
I have to drive my kids in this unsafe car

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
1,100 Posts
Does your state have a lemon law? If yes, please contact a lemon law attorney and share this story with her. Let the law work for you..... good luck, and I'm sorry your having this poor experience.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,'11 Dodge Journey AWD,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,499 Posts
WOW, must be quite concerning when driving in your "metropolitan" area! From your description of what happens, it would be hard for anyone here to offer advice as to what would be causing it to do such. I am at a loss to understand just what you mean, is the car engine shutting of or the car just going "electrically crazy"?
Best thing I can offer you on course of dealer action is to find a DIFFERENT KIA dealer, Definitely a warranty repair issue that your dealer is shirking on.

·
Registered
2020 Sedona
6 Posts
Well, boys and girls, this is an intermittent problem. Vewy, vewy difficult to find and diagnose. There is a bad connection some where or a software glitch. Is could be a bad ground point, loose ground point, a defective "body control module" (CAN bus device) or a little corrosion in one of many connectors.

Lobr84, see if you can wiggle any connectors you can find to be able to produce the problem. I know, it's a warranty thing but I see what you have to deal with at that dealer. You gonna have to make some search input like wiggling wires at grounds or connectors while you try to find a better dealer.

By the way, it should be no skin off the dealers nose to ask for upstream help on an intermittent. Maybe there is a trend the importer or the factory should know about.

·
Registered
Kia Telluride 2020 S
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you! I guess I am just looking for advice on who/department to reach past escalated cases department. I am in disbelief how they are just brushing it off like it’s nothing.... what am I supposed to keep driving a car that is giving me an issue?! I just don’t get it...

Had to call again and I am waiting on a supervisor call but based on how the girl handled I am not having much hope.

WOW, must be quite concerning when driving in your "metropolitan" area! From your description of what happens, it would be hard for anyone here to offer advice as to what would be causing it to do such. I am at a loss to understand just what you mean, is the car engine shutting of or the car just going "electrically crazy"?
Best thing I can offer you on course of dealer action is to find a DIFFERENT KIA dealer, Definitely a warranty repair issue that your dealer is shirking on.

·
Registered
Kia Telluride 2020 S
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, boys and girls, this is an intermittent problem. Vewy, vewy difficult to find and diagnose. There is a bad connection some where or a software glitch. Is could be a bad ground point, loose ground point, a defective "body control module" (CAN bus device) or a little corrosion in one of many connectors.

Lobr84, see if you can wiggle any connectors you can find to be able to produce the problem. I know, it's a warranty thing but I see what you have to deal with at that dealer. You gonna have to make some search input like wiggling wires at grounds or connectors while you try to find a better dealer.
I think going to a different dealer might be the next step... we didn’t even buy the car from them. We are in Md and bought it in SC. We will also try to contact the salesman and see if he can give us any pointer in who to reach.

·
Registered
Kia Telluride 2020 S
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does your state have a lemon law? If yes, please contact a lemon law attorney and share this story with her. Let the law work for you..... good luck, and I'm sorry your having this poor experience.
Never heard of a lemon law but I am going to research about it... not sure I should have to spend money in legal fees to have something corrected that is not even our fault... this is so frustrating...

·
Registered
Kia Telluride 2020 S
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The engine doesn’t shut off but the steering wheels gets really stiff. It is so stiff that you can’t maneuver out of a parking spot easily and can’t park easily. It’s like the whole electrical system goes crazy. I have videos but I don’t think I have the option to post in this forum. I did post in on another one that had the option to post beyond just pictures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts