Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys..

im intend to install SAFC2 on my Picanto sooner, but before that i need ask more on ur opinion regarding that...

1. is that worth to install SAFC2 in order to get more power n pickup?
2. i installed Micro-Compressor, EFC and voltage stabilizer, but it seems the pickup a little bit off, n its not working as they said.
3. if i want to install the SAFC, is that i need to uninstall the Micro-C, EFC and voltage stabilizer away before installing the SAFC?
4. is that SAFC2 can stand alone without need to install bigger Muffler?
5. is that SAFC2 can stand alone without need to install better Air Filter like Apexi one?
6. is that really can improve my Picanto perfomance? how about Fuel Consumption?
7. is that Blow off valve should be install when u have the turbo engine on? i mean without the Turbo kit installed, u cant install it? actually i just want that cool pssst sound coming out from it..

may u guys answer all the questions before i go the real thing... i dont wanna waste money n regret in the end of the days like i did last time...

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx newbie.. :)
btw, i know that have an electronic one out there like Voizer... but its a little bit tricky though, means u have to click the button evrytime u wanna hear the sound... *sigh* actually im looking for something that can automatically trigger when u shift the gear n depress the accelerator... hmmm, have any idea guys?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Well it can do nothing to enahnce performance or fuel consumption, just a noise generator..
in fact it will decrease performance, due to the extra weight and electrical drain... :lol:

You cannot install a dump valve without a turbo, as you'll have no charged air to dump, creating the psst sound.

Just seen the price of that thing! Jeez!! :wacko:
Bought turbo'd cars for less than that!

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha... yeah man.. turbo cars come with everything.. already.. btw, just a noise generator? thats mean no perfomance out from it... n thats mean not worth but worse...

·
Registered
55 Picanto
161 Posts
a turbo'd Picanto would be awesome.

even if you did install the fake dump valve it wouldnt have the desired "cool" effect. everyone would know that it was fake because no way in **** would a picanto be turbo'd. so might just get laughed at

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Originally posted by Akat@Sep 23 2005, 04:48 AM
haha... yeah man.. turbo cars come with everything.. already.. btw, just a noise generator? thats mean no perfomance out from it... n thats mean not worth but worse...
Correct, it just makes the noise, no extra perormance at all.
As I said before, you could, in theory decrease performance if you were picky, more electrical load, slight bit more weight, less performance.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mmm... yeah... but i think u only get this laugh among Picanto owner, because nobody around using other types of car know whats inside this tiny Car ;) ... especially Malaysian always impressed with outsider car instead of National car like proton and Perodua.. when u drive japan or korean car with a cool psst sound coming out when u shift the gear, everybody will like 'woooooo... never mess with this car, this **** got turbo man'...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts