Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

im going to install SAFC to my Pica, the probs is, no worksyop can do that due to the lack info on diagram of the ecu..
anyone here have an experience in doing so please provide me some info on how to wiring that, at least in picture or documentation or whatever material that can help me along. actually what i really2 need is this:
1. SAFC Red Wire (power). actually the Picanto's ecu have a few red wire, the one i try to find is the red wire that provide 12V power
2. SAFC Green Wire (RPM Signal). this is the most trouble wire that i try to find. dont know which one is the wire that carry RPM signal to the ECU, i mean what color of the wire? is that yellow?
3. SAFC Gray Wire (throttle position). is brown wire ECU which that carry data for Throttle position?
4. SAFC Brown Wire (ground1). this should be connect with Black wire from ECU right?
5. SAFC Black Wire (ground2). this one also should be connected to Black Wire from ECU as far as a i know.
6. SAFC Yellow Wire (Air Flow / Pressure Signal Out Put). is that Blue wire which carry the data from MAP sensor?
7. SAFC white Wire (AF / PS In Put). same as above..

whoever knew and have done this before to their Pica please provide me some info, im afraid that hot wiring this stuff will blow my ECU in some ways. Picture of how u guys wiring it really2 appreciated, and i can pay u if u guys can provide me the actual diagram.. thanx in advance

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
just because a wire is red doesnt mean its power. in the ecu they do use more than 1 wire with same color/s.

are you running boost or supercharged or at least have really high hp rating???I see people with 200hp+ that dont need one.. if not you dont need a safc. your motor and ecu can accomadate more than what you think. it can adjust to a certain level of performance upgrades without the need for a one.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dats what im thinking, im afraid the red i connected is not the power source... btw, i used eram intake that will produce more air into the throttle body at full pedal press, thats in some case i need SAFC to control better feul injection.. anyone have an experience in doing this?

·
Premium Member
6,121 Posts
i have an cold air intake, 4-2-1 header, big bore throttle body, lightened crank pulley, + a few more performance addd ons and I dont need a safc.
you will not need a controller for an intake lol... they are for bossted or supercharged vehicles. or like i said high hp applications.
an intake will only give you if your lucky is 5-8hp.
your ecu will adjust to an intake..

·
Registered
02 Kia Rio(Show Car)// 08 Spec5 (Go Car)
22 Posts
I have the SAFC-II

BTW, is the PICA wiring any related to the RIo 1G? is so i can help u out.

you want to follow the Hot-Wire diagram in the Manual.

if you unplug the ECU, and look at the plugs, the wires actually come out by pressing a tab to slide a side out.

on there there is an arrow direction for who it goes back in the plug and a number sequence related to the wire.

take one side out at a time...

i have searched KSIS wesite for ECu diagrams for other models, but ti seems KSIS only posted a decent easy to read on for the RIO.

now for some insight to maybe help u...

this is for a 2 G Rio(courtesy of bpestilence from Streekiaz): but can be used as an aid to help you figure out which plug is what.

for me B-01 served as the power (pins 8-9) and ground connections (pins 4-6) of the SAFC
B-03 served for the RPM (pin 31), Knock (pin 46), and TPS (pin 28).

I couldn't find the MAF wire on the ECU so i ran a wire through the firwall and to the MAF plug itself...

now some simple answers.

the SAFC ground wires

Ground: once a ground i slocated from the ECU plug, cut it in half. Black wireoff SAFC is farthest from the ECU. give 1cm as stated the connect the brown ground wire to the other end if the wire on the ECU plug

if you can find a way through the dealer or other access to find which pin on what conncetor is the important sensors needed for the SAFC, it will make your work easier than guessing colors.

Remember, what I said and shown above is reference as I do not know if the Pica is the same as the Rio.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx man... i appreciate it a lot... frankly said, the ECU is not the same as Rio, but it share the same ECU as Hyundai Getz... i manage to install it last week, which Pin 16 for TPS and 17 for ground.. other i tap the contuinuity to MAP sensor and RPM from the distributor (and set it 2 cylinder instead since our distributor is separate into 2)... thanx a lot man

·
Premium Member
6,121 Posts
there is no distributer its a coil pack system...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, long story short: I do not own a kia, yet a friend does. While looking around the internet, we were unable to find the ECU pinout for this car, and due to some comments above trying to disuade the person who opened the thread from connecting a SAFC I have one comment, you guys don't care what mods he has or does not have, he asked a simple question: anyone has the Kia Sephia 2000 ECU Pinout... If he wants to place a SAFC into whatever the heck he wants it is HIS PROBLEM, answer the question or buzz off please

I here post the ECU Pinout (wiring diagram) for the Kia Sephia 2000 1.8 DOHC

Kia Sephia '00 Wiring Diagram.pdf - 4shared.com - document sharing - download - Jordan Montero

Cheers everyone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts