Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, My woman has an '05 Spectra and i just installed my amp and subwoofers. I have everything in place except for the power cable. I can't seem to find a place to breech the firewall? I looked at some youtube videos and they all said that there should be a grommet in the foot panel area but i cant find it on either side. I would rather not have to drill a whole, but i will if i have to. Can any of you guys help me out?

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
If you do drill a hole, check that you don't drill into anything vital; centre-punch first and look for dimple in the other side. Hope this doesn't sound too obvious!

Install cable with grommet, possibly with extra insulation (e.g. shrink-wrap) and anchor cable somewhere near the grommet so it can't be pulled out of place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, well yeah. There is 2 layers of black matting between and sheet metal and the carpet, so all that would have to be pulled back. I just dont want to have to drill though.

·
Registered
06 KIA Spec5, 2000 HD Roadking
1,515 Posts
If you have an auto, there should be a hole on the drivers side firewall where a clutch cable should come thru. It should have some kind of plug in it. If I remember correctly it is slightly below the brake booster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts