Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Rio LX 2012 Soul+ 2.o
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kia Folks,

DO any of your Rios have running lights? I am a big fan as it is just safer and I have burned enough brain cells to forget silly things like turning lights on and off.

That being said, I leave my lights on 24/7 . . . . At least on the LX, when you turn the key off 1 light indicator on the dash goes off. When I open my door the other. So as far as I can tell in 8 months and 7,200 miles it is safe to do so.

So really this is more informative than anything else. Oh, unless someone wants to tell me it is a bad idea.

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Kia Folks,

DO any of your Rios have running lights? I am a big fan as it is just safer and I have burned enough brain cells to forget silly things like turning lights on and off.

That being said, I leave my lights on 24/7 . . . . At least on the LX, when you turn the key off 1 light indicator on the dash goes off. When I open my door the other. So as far as I can tell in 8 months and 7,200 miles it is safe to do so.

So really this is more informative than anything else. Oh, unless someone wants to tell me it is a bad idea.
Hi, since I'm in Canada, DRL are mandatory by law. I remember when they were not and I appreciate a lot they are now. Before, I just turned lights on and off. Why don't you stick a little note on the dashboard reminding you of turning off the lights? That square empty space could be of some use.
Cheers. R.

·
Registered
2012 Rio LX 2012 Soul+ 2.o
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I can tell I can just leave them rotated to the all the way on position indefinitely . . . until the wire drives it . . she refuses to believe it is OK to leave them switched on when the vehicle is off . . . perhaps she is right and it will cost me . . . but for now I am running safe and bright.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
yes, they have been mandatory in Canada for over 20 years - when is the US going to catch up? :D

·
Registered
Race Blue MY12 Skoda Octavia RS TDI Manual
929 Posts
The light switch is computer controlled.

If switch is set to low beam on:

Insert key: Parkers turn on.
Turn key to "On": Low beam headlights turn on.
Turn key to "Off": Low beam headlights turn off.
Remove key: Parkers turn off.

Fog lights turn on with parkers, but as they are illegal to use here unless in adverse atmospheric conditions, I am not going to advocate the use of them for normal driving.
That, and they provide so much glare that it just annoys me. Every time I see them on I just leave my high beams on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts